Since 2017 we have been hosting our Wednesday Business Enterprise talk series every November and February.
The idea behind the speaker series is to hear from leading entrepreneurs their journey and the challenges they have faced whilst creating and growing their business. These inspiring talks also provide an excellent opportunity to network with likeminded individuals who share a passion for entrepreneurship. These events are free of charge to attend and open to all. Last season, our speakers included:
- Jamie Waller (Entrepreneur and Author of Unsexy Business): Being a Firestarter; lessons from investing in and selling businesses
- Jon Thornes (Founder, Cool Milk): Where there is milk there is money. Being able to adapt is a key to success
- Mike Papé (Director at Ravensden Plc): From animals to fluffy toys. Growing a family business whilst staying open to opportunities
- Modweena Rees-Mogg (Executive Chairman at The Pluralists Club): Raising money; friends, families, crowds and sophisticated investors. Where to look.
- Professor Krzysztof Koziol (Professor of Composites Engineering and Head of Enhanced Composites and Structures Centre, Cranfield University): From lab to multi-million pound venture. The story of graphene
- Shai Vyakarnam (Visiting Professor, Cranfield School of Management): If you believe you can, you can. Main lessons from all the Entrepreneurs I have met
Please check back for information regarding the next series of talks, starting in November 2019.
Location & travel details
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles)
For further travel details please visit our Location page.
If you would like to book accommodation whilst visiting the campus then we are pleased to offer en suite accommodation on the campus, which is within easy walking distance of lecture rooms and other facilities. To make an enquiry or booking, please contact the Cranfield Management Development Centre.