Welcome to the Strategic Marketing Forum
The Strategic Marketing Forum (SMF) delivers thought leadership through academic experts and is strongly linked to practice.
Cranfield School of Management is ranked by the Economist as one of the world's top ten business schools and our Strategic Marketing MSc is a top-ranked marketing MSc. We believe in the power of marketing which is key to all organisations. Whether business to business or business to consumer, government to consumer or peer to peer, your product offer, the pricing models used, methods of promotion and access to your goods and services, are key decisions.
The Strategic Marketing Forum (SMF) is a community that delivers thought leadership through academic experts and is strongly linked to practice. We share the latest marketing insights and best practice, enabling marketing leaders to stay ahead.
The SMF addresses key areas:
- The role of marketing in the organisation
- Pressing issues for retailers in post-Covid environment
- Marketing and sales collaboration
- Account-based marketing
- Understanding the evolving MarTech landscape
- Pivoting to customer centricity
- Delivering customer value
- Managing customer touchpoints
- Digital transformation strategies
Who is it for?
Marketing and commercial directors, senior and aspiring marketing professionals, and those in management roles who are curious about marketing and keen to enhance or share their own practice.
- Our members can gain access to, and participate in, a wide range of marketing research to create and sustain a competitive advantage
- Learn about new marketing concepts and applications
- Opportunity to learn from other organisations' experience
- Access a dedicated membership website, and developing knowledge base, comprising all past presentations and faculty publications and reports
- Corporate discounts across Cranfield School of Management Executive Doctorate in Business Administration, Executive Masters programme and Executive Development programmes.
Wednesday 14th June 2023
Speaker: Dr Aisling Kennan
Theme: Employee Brand Advocacy: why credible online stories shared by staff have an impact on sales
Thursday 27 April 2023
Speaker: Professor Sarah Turnbull
Theme: Modern Advertising: How Brand Communications are Transforming Social & Cultural Behaviours
Wednesday 22 March 2023
Speaker: Pavlos A. Vlachos
Theme: Greenwashing - how “dirty” firms are given an unspoken social license to pollute and to lie about it
Tuesday 24 January 2023
Speaker: Dr Karen Jones
Theme: Critical customer service: How to manage seriously unhappy customers online
Wednesday 9 November 2022
Speaker: Dr Jan Breitsohl
Theme: Toxic Interactions on Social Media Brand Channels: How Brands can Address Triggers, Consequences & Solutions
Blog: Toxic interactions on social media brand channels
Thursday 22 September 2022
Speaker: Dr Javier Marcos Cuevas
Theme: Negotiating in business: addressing biases to create and capture value
Blog: Negotiating in Business: Addressing biases to create and capture value
Wednesday 8 June 2022
Speaker: Professor Vasilis Theoharakis
Theme: In the age of agile, is there room for Strategic Marketing Planning?
Blog: Do marketing plans still matter in our agile world?
Tuesday 10 May 2022
Speaker: Dr Tamira King
Theme: Deshopping: An insight into fraudulent returns behaviours from the consumer and retail perspective
Blog: Deshopping: the rise of fraudulent returns
Membership is open to directors, senior and aspiring marketing professionals, and those in management roles who are curious about marketing and keen to enhance or share their own practice.
Membership is subject to approval, please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org