Contact Professor Vasilis Theoharakis
Dr Vasilis Theoharakis holds a BEng (Honours) from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, an MSc in Electrical Engineering and an MBA (with Distinction) from New York University, and a PhD in Marketing and Strategic Management from the University of Warwick. He has taught at the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) in Berlin, City University, Cass Business School in London, University of Sheffield, University of California - Berkeley, ALBA, Aston University, University of Cyprus and Golden Gate University.
Vasilis' academic research focuses on strategic marketing, new product development and entrepreneurship. He has published in leading academic marketing and innovation journals such as International Journal of Research in Marketing, Research Policy, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Marketing Letters, Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, International Marketing Review and Computers in Human Behavior. He has been among the most downloaded authors worldwide on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN).
Dr Vasilis Theoharakis is a Professor of Strategic Marketing and Director of the Exec MSc in Marketing and Leadership (Level 7 Apprenticeship) at Cranfield School of Management. He is a partner and member of the management team of the PJ Tech Catalyst fund, a venture capital fund that invests in seed stage technology start-up companies. He led the creation of the advisory board at Innoetics, a global innovator in text to speech software, which managed the successful acquisition of the company by Samsung. Among other ventures, he co-founded and was chairman of a successful nanotechnology company that he grew to reach exports in 25 countries. Vasilis has spent several years in Silicon Valley at senior level marketing and business development positions with high-tech start-ups and companies such as 3Com. He started his career as a research engineer at IBM's prestigious T.J. Watson Research Center where he won the Research Division's Award.
Vasilis has extensive experience consulting national and international firms and is actively involved in executive education and has taught on executive programmes for companies such as:
- Glaxo SmithKline
- Philip Morris
- Novo Nordisk
- Bank of Piraeus
Articles In Journals
- Theoharakis V, Voliotis S & Pollack JM (2020) Going down the slippery slope of legitimacy lies in early-stage ventures: the role of moral disengagement, Journal of Business Ethics, Available online 20 April 2020.
- Mylonopoulos N & Theoharakis V (2020) Motivations and passions in m-Facebook use, Computers in Human Behavior, 104 (March) Article No. 106174.
- Theoharakis V, Voliotis S & Pollack JM (2020) Going down the slippery slope of legitimacy lies in early‑stage ventures: the role of moral disengagement, Journal of Business Ethics, Available online 20 April 2020.
- Bicakcioglu N, Theoharakis V & Tanyeri M (2020) Green business strategy and export performance, International Marketing Review, 37 (1) 56-75.
- Theoharakis V, Angelis Y & Batsakis G (2019) Architectural marketing capabilities of exporting ventures, International Marketing Review, 36 (6) 1026-1041.
- Theoharakis V (2019) The contingent effect of product relatedness on B2B firms pricing strategy. Evidence from India, Industrial Marketing Management, 83 (November) 266-274.
- Dodd S, Theoharakis V & Bisignano A (2014) Organizational renewal in family firms, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, 15 (2) 67-78.
- Theoharakis V, Sajtos L & Hooley G (2009) The strategic role of relational capabilities in the business-to-business service profit chain, Industrial Marketing Management, 38 (8) 914-924.
- Theoharakis V & Hooley G (2008) Customer orientation and innovativeness: Differing roles in New and Old Europe, International Journal of Research in Marketing, 25 (1) 69-79.
- Theoharakis V, Vakratsas D & Wong V (2007) Market-level information and the diffusion of competing technologies: An exploratory analysis of the LAN industry, Research Policy, 36 (5) 742-757.
- Theoharakis V & Sajtos L (2007) The Service Dominant Logic: An MC21 Project View, Australasian Marketing Journal , 15 (1) 84-88.
- Theoharakis V, Voss C, Hadjinicola G & Soteriou A (2006) Insights into factors affecting Production and Operations Management (POM) journal evaluation, Journal of Operations Management, 25 (4) 932-955.
- Oltheten E, Theoharakis V & Travlos N (2005) Faculty perceptions and readership patterns of finance journals: A global view, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 40 (1) 223-239.
- Theoharakis V, Vakratsas D & Wong V (2004) The relationship between market share and information in a high-tech industry, Review of Marketing Science, 2 (1).
- Chryssochoidis G & Theoharakis V (2004) Attainment of competitive advantage by the exporter-importer dyad: The role of export offering and import objectives, Journal of Business Research, 57 (4) 329-337.
- Ballas A & Theoharakis V (2003) Exploring Diversity in Accounting through Faculty Journal Perceptions, Contemporary Accounting Research, 20 (4) 619-644.
- Theoharakis V & Skordia M (2003) How do statisticians perceive statistics journals?, American Statistician, 57 (2) 115-123.
- Axarloglou K & Theoharakis V (2003) Diversity in economics: An analysis of journal quality perceptions, Journal of the European Economic Association, 1 (6) 1402-1423.
- Theoharakis V & Wong V (2003) Marking high-technology market evolution through the foci of market stories: The case of local area networks, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 19 (6) 400-411.
- Theoharakis V & Hooley G (2003) Organizational resources enabling service responsiveness: Evidence from Greece, Industrial Marketing Management, 32 (8) 695-702.
- Theoharakis V & Hirst A (2002) Perceptual Differences of Marketing Journals: A Worldwide Perspective, Marketing Letters, 13 (4) 389-402.