The Key Account Management Forum (KAM Forum) is a leading Centre for research and best practice in key account management and strategic sales.
With a track record of 25 years, we seek to continue being an internationally recognised expert in the research and advancement of Key Account Management (KAM) by creating and disseminating thought leadership that can be used by its members in their respective organisations in the pursuit of sustainable growth and positive impact with their most strategic customers.
Members benefit receiving insights and practical models that they can utilise as they seek to manage their most strategic customers. Members engage in collaboration, networks and strategic alliances that enable them to access the latest thinking and practices, and thought leadership in KAM.
- Priority access to research and best practice outputs
- Access to online resources including webinars, reports, videos, podcasts
- Attendance to quarterly meetings and the annual conference
- Advisory services: Strategic KAM Consultancy
- Involvement in research, master theses and doctoral projects
- Certification in Key and Global Account Management
- Corporate discounts for the Executive Doctorate in Business Administration, and the Executive Masters programmes
- Corporate discounts across Cranfield School of Management Executive Development Programmes:
- 25% off when attending Cranfield's Key Account Management Best Practice and Strategic Sales Leadership programmes and other open enrolment programmes
- 10% of all Executive MSc Programmes and International Executive Doctorate (DBA)
- Applies to all employees within a corporate member organisation.
Research and Thought Leadership
The research agenda is jointly designed in consultation with members, and aims to respond to their key issues in KAM such as:
- Bid/tender proposal management
- Working with the procurement function
- Personal Effectiveness for the key account manager
- The impact of technology in KAM
- KAM strategy formulation and implementation
- Creating and delivering customer value
- The Future of Key Account Management
19th January 2023
Speaker: Gabi Steimer - Jacobs (KAM Forum member)
Theme: Procurement Decision Making in the Public Sector
16th February 2023
Speaker: Mark Davies - Cranfield
Theme: KAM Masterclass No1. - Practical Techniques to gain a Deeper Understanding of the things your Customer Needs and Values
16th March 2023
Speaker: Andrea Clatworthy - Fujitsu
Theme: How is Account Based Marketing (ABM) being Adopted to Understand Customers and Drive Commercial Success?
13th April 2023
Speaker: Dr Sue Holt - Cranfield
Theme: KAM Masterclass No.2 - How can you Capture a Compelling Complex Customer Strategy on a Single Diagram?
18th May 2023
Speaker: John MacDonald-Gaunt - IBM
Theme: What Techniques can you Adopt to: 1. Engage Customers 2. Build Stronger Relationships 3. Align your own Organisations Teams
15th June 2023
Speaker: Professor Cliff Bowman - Cranfield
29th June 2023
Speaker: Professor Javier Marcos - Cranfield
Theme: KAM Masterclass No3. - What Practical Techniques can you Adopt to Create High Impact Customer Value Propositions?
13th July 2023
Speaker: TBA - Brand Finance
Theme: How do Value Propositions Power the World's Strongest Brands?
14th September 2023
Speaker: Todd Snelgrove - SAP
Theme: How do the Worlds most Successful Organisations Compete on Value not Price?
19th October 2023
Speaker: Dr Simon Templar - Cranfield
Theme: KAM Masterclass No.4 - How to Capture and Financially Quantify the Value that you Deliver?
16th November 2023
Speaker: TBA - Salesforce
Theme: How do Value Capture Specialists Capture Value for the Customer and Strategic Supplier?
7th December 2023
Speaker: Professor Hervé Legenvre - EIPM
Theme: What does Procurement Look for from Suppliers in 2023? How Should you Ensure you Deliver these Things?
Forthcoming Quarterly Events (onsite)
1st June 2023
Annual KAM Forum Conference
9th November 2023
Premium Corporate Membership
A membership most suitable for large companies with an established KAM function and sales force. Read more...
A membership scheme conceived to support smaller companies. Read more...
Designed to give access to individuals who may be located outside of the UK, or who work as independent professionals. Read more...
Some of our members include organisations such as:
Agileeto Ltd, Akkodis, BP, Brightbridge Consulting, Eebz Ltd, Grundfos Pumps, Honeywell/Trend Control Systems, Jacobs, K-International, Karndean Design Flooring, Luxfer Gas Cylinders, Pfizer, RM Results, Royal Mail, VirginmediaO2 and Zoetis.