Contact Dr Hamid Moradlou
Hamid has earned his BEng degree from University of Bath in Mechanical Engineering with Manufacturing Management followed by an MSc in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Management at Loughborough University. He also obtained his PhD in Supply Chain Management which was funded by the Wolfson School of Engineering (School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering) at Loughborough University where his project was the investigation of re-shoring UK manufacturing using additive manufacturing as a method to enable manufacturing postponement.
His academic interests mainly focuses on investigating the offshoring and re-shoring phenomenon in developed countries and the impacts of new generation of technologies, industry 4.0, on manufacturing location decision.
Prior to joining Cranfield University, Hamid worked as a lecturer in Engineering Management at Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK for two years. He has also worked as a Visiting scholar in the United States at University of Tennessee and in India at Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT), Tamil Nadu and has industrial experience as a manufacturing engineer in Germany and the UK. Hamid is a fellow of Higher Education Academy and holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from Sheffield Hallam University.
Dr Hamid Moradlou is Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Deputy Course Director for the MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Dr Moradlou delivers lectures on a number of areas such as Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Lean and Six Sigma to full-time and part-time MSc students.
Articles In Journals
- Moradlou H, Reefke H, Skipworth H & Roscoe S (2021) Geopolitical disruptions and the manufacturing location decision in multinational company supply chains: a Delphi study on Brexit, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Available online 19 February 2021 (2).
- Moradlou H, Fratocchi L, Skipworth H & Ghadge A (2021) Post-Brexit back-shoring strategies: what UK manufacturing companies could learn from the past?, Production Planning and Control, Available online 06 January 2021.
- Moradlou H, Roscoe S & Ghadge A. (2020) Buyer-supplier collaboration during emerging technology development, Production Planning and Control, In press.
- Ghadge A, Er Kara M, Moradlou H & Goswami M (2020) The impact of Industry 4.0 implementation on supply chains, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 31 (4) 669-686.
- Moradlou H & Tate W (2018) Reshoring and additive manufacturing, World Review of Intermodal Transportation Research, 7 (3) 241-263.
- Moradlou H, Backhouse C & Ranganathan R (2017) Responsiveness, the primary reason behind re-shoring manufacturing activities to the UK An Indian industry perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 47 (2-3) 222-236.
- Moradlou H & Perera T (2017) Identification of the Barriers in Implementation of Lean Principles in Iranian SMEs: Case Study Approach, Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 17 (1).
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2016) A review of manufacturing re-shoring in the context of customer-focused postponement strategies, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 230 (9) 1561-1571.
- Moradlou H & Asadi M (2015) Implementation of Agile Manufacturing Principles in Small and Medium Enterprises, Journal of Modern Processes in Manufacturing and Production, 4 (3) 31-44.
- Moradlou H, Reefke, H, Skipworth & Tate W (2020) Brexit and Manufacturing Supply Chain Location Decision. In: International Purchasing Supply, Education and Research Association (IPSERA) Conference, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 5-8 April 2020.
- Moradlou H, Reefke H, Skipworth H & Tate W (2019) Investigating the Impacts of Brexit on Manufacturing Location Decisions. In: POMS Conference 2019 - Brighton, Brighton, 2-4 September 2019.
- Moradlou H, Fratocchi L, Skipworth H & Ghadge A (2019) Is Reshoring still a viable Strategy for the UK Manufacturers?. In: European Sciences Decision Institute (EDSI) Conference - UK, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, 2-5 June 2019.
- Moradlou H, Tsoutsanis E, Wooley L & Waterhouse J (2018) Developing an Applied Curriculum. In: LTA Conference, Sheffield Hallam University, 10-11 July 2018.
- Moradlou H, Sawhney R, Backhouse C & Mountney S (2017) Investigation on Additive Manufacturing as an enabler for reshoring manufacturing activities. In: 24th EurOMA Conference 2017, Edinburgh, 1-5 July 2017.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2016) An investigation into re-shoring decision: case study approach. In: 14th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 2016), Loughborough, 6-8 September 2016.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2016) Re-shoring manufacturing through the application of Additive Technologies. In: International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management (IEOM), Kuala Lumpur, 8-10 March 2016.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2015) Supply Chain Management Issues in Re-shoring Manufacturing Activities within the context of Postponement Strategies. In: International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management (IEOM), Dubai, 3-5 March 2015.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2014) Investigating the Supply Chain Management Issues in the Context of Re-shoring. In: ESRC SWDTC Conference, University of Bath, 5 November 2014.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2014) Reshoring UK Manufacturing Activities. An Investigation to decision making criteria in respect of Supply Chain Management. In: 3rd Annual EPSRC Manufacturing the Future Conference, Glasgow, 23-24 September 2014.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2014) Re-shoring UK Manufacturing Activities, Supply Chain Management & Postponement Issues. In: 18th Annual Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium, Cambridge, 27-28 September 2014.
- Seddighi H & Moradlou H. (2020) The impact of sharing economy incentives and industry 4.0 technologies on humanitarian logistics: insights from the Iran floods 2019. In: Supply Chain 4.0: Improving Supply Chains with Analytics and Industry 4.0 Technologies, London: Kogan Page.
- Moradlou H, Reefke H & Skipworth H. (2020) Manufacturing out, distribution in. In: Carmaggedon? Brexit and beyond for UK Auto (Bite-sized Brexit Books), Independently Published.