Contact Dr Hamid Moradlou
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x2571
- Email: Hamid.Moradlou@cranfield.ac.uk
Hamid has earned his BEng degree from University of Bath in Mechanical Engineering with Manufacturing Management followed by an MSc in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and Management at Loughborough University. He also obtained his PhD in Supply Chain Management which was funded by the Wolfson School of Engineering (School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering) at Loughborough University where his project was the investigation of re-shoring UK manufacturing using additive manufacturing as a method to enable manufacturing postponement.
His research interests mainly focuses on investigating the offshoring and re-shoring phenomenon in developed countries and the impacts of new generation of technologies, industry 4.0, on manufacturing location decision.
Prior to joining Cranfield University, Hamid worked as a lecturer in Engineering Management at Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, UK for two years. He has also worked as a Visiting scholar in the United States at University of Tennessee and in India at Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT), Tamil Nadu and has industrial experience as a manufacturing engineer in Germany and the UK. Hamid is a fellow of Higher Education Academy and holds a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from Sheffield Hallam University.
Dr Hamid Moradlou joined Cranfield School of Management as a lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management and currently delivers lectures on a number of areas such as Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Lean and Six Sigma to full-time and part-time MSc students.
Articles In Journals
- Moradlou H & Tate W (2018) Reshoring and additive manufacturing, World Review of Intermodal Transportation Research, 7 (3) 241-263.
- Moradlou H, Backhouse C & Ranganathan R (2017) Responsiveness, the primary reason behind re-shoring manufacturing activities to the UK An Indian industry perspective, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 47 (2-3) 222-236.
- Moradlou H & Perera T (2017) Identification of the Barriers in Implementation of Lean Principles in Iranian SMEs: Case Study Approach, Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 17 (1).
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2016) A review of manufacturing re-shoring in the context of customer-focused postponement strategies, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 230 (9) 1561-1571.
- Moradlou H & Asadi M (2015) Implementation of Agile Manufacturing Principles in Small and Medium Enterprises, Journal of Modern Processes in Manufacturing and Production, 4 (3) 31-44.
- Moradlou H, Tsoutsanis E, Wooley L & Waterhouse J (2018) Developing an Applied Curriculum. In: LTA Conference, Sheffield Hallam University, 10-11 July 2018.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2016) Re-shoring manufacturing through the application of Additive Technologies. In: International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management (IEOM), Kuala Lumpur, 8-10 March 2016.
- Moradlou H, Sawhney R, Backhouse C & Mountney S (2016) Investigation on Additive Manufacturing as an enabler for reshoring manufacturing activities. In: 14th International Conference on Manufacturing Research, Loughborough, 6-8 September 2016.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2015) Supply Chain Management Issues in Re-shoring Manufacturing Activities within the context of Postponement Strategies. In: International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operation Management (IEOM), Dubai, 3-5 March 2015.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2014) Investigating the Supply Chain Management Issues in the Context of Re-shoring. In: ESRC SWDTC Conference, University of Bath, 5 November 2014.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2014) Reshoring UK Manufacturing Activities. An Investigation to decision making criteria in respect of Supply Chain Management. In: 3rd Annual EPSRC Manufacturing the Future Conference, Glasgow, 23-24 September 2014.
- Moradlou H & Backhouse C (2014) Re-shoring UK Manufacturing Activities, Supply Chain Management & Postponement Issues. In: 18th Annual Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium, Cambridge, 27-28 September 2014.