Cranfield offers advice and guidance to international students who require a visa to study in the UK.

If you require a visa in order to study at Cranfield University, the Student Immigration and funding team can offer support and advise in the following areas:

  • Tier 4 (General) - applying from outside the UK.
  • Tier 4 (General) - applying from inside the UK.
  • PBS Dependants.
  • Short Term Study visas.
  • Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS).
  • CAS numbers.
  • Other visa categorys and which you can use to study.

Students coming to Cranfield to study one of our full-time taught or research programmes, or our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programme will need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa. Students coming to Cranfield to study one of our part-time taught or research programmes will need to apply for a Short term study visa.

Please read the following information carefully, and if you have any questions regarding immigration please email us.

Tier 4 (General) visa

We offer advice and guidance on how to apply for the Tier 4 (General) visa from both inside and outside the UK. We can also help with the following visas:

  • Tier 4 Dependant Visa
  • Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme
  • Schengen Visa
  • Short Term Study Visa
  • Tier 2 Visa
  • Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur)

Short Term Study visa

If you are studying a part-time or short course at Cranfield University you can enter the UK using a Short Term Study visa which is valid for 6 months.

You can apply online unless you are living in North Korea. In this case you will need to download the application form from the UKVI website.

You will require the following documents in support of your application:

  • Current passport.
  • Two passport photographs - these must comply with the Home Office photograph guidance guidelines.
  • Your unconditional offer letter from Cranfield University.
  • Evidence of your finances - e.g. payslips or bank statements for the last six months.
  • Details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans. You shouldn't pay for your accommodation or travel until you get your visa.
  • Evidence of any previous study or qualifications gained, including any English language certificates.
  • Your tubersulosis (TB) test results if you're from a country where you have to take the test.

Please see the UK Visas and Immigration guide to supporting documents for more information.

Meet the Student Immigration and Funding Team

Mohammed Ali  Mohammed Ali

Assistant Registrar - Student Immigration and Funding Manager

 Sam Goodwin Sam Goodwin

Student Immigration and Funding Advisor 
 Sarah Riaz Sarah Riaz

Student Immigration and Funding Administrator
 Stephanie Watkins Stephanie Watkins

Student Immigration and Funding Advisor