From the spark of a new idea to the maturity of a fully-formed company, we can offer your knowledge-based business the opportunity to establish and grow in a science and technology environment.
We can provide the perfect setting for your fledgling company, with advanced technology and research right on your doorstep. Being in a hub of innovation on our campus will be invaluable for your business, both in its formative stages and during growth.
We have the space and flexibility to support every stage of your businesses growth:
- Cranfield University’s Business Incubation Centre (CUBIC) provides six months’ free accommodation for high-tech start-up company owners and entrepreneurs.
- Larger or more established businesses can choose from flexible options on our Cranfield University Technology Park such as office space in the supportive Innovation Centre or self-contained units.
Our location benefits from good rail and road transport links and we even have an executive airport on-site.
Cranfield University Business Incubation Centre (CUBIC)
As an aspiring entrepreneur, you’ll be excited about turning your business concept into reality. CUBIC offers a distinctive, creative environment where your business ideas can flourish, and you’ll gain all the advantages of being in close proximity to the advanced technology, expertise and facilities of Cranfield University.
By choosing CUBIC, you will benefit from:
- highly subsidised, fully-equipped office space
- business advice and guidance from the CUBIC Advisory Board
- access to funding and advice on preparing bids
- being part of a vibrant knowledge based community
- networking, events, workshops and training opportunities.
Your first six months are free at Cubic:
The most important thing you need to know is that your first six months in CUBIC are rent free. This period is designed to help you get your business off the ground and decide whether or not it is viable. The only charges you will incur during this time are for telephone and printer usage.
There is no obligation for to you to remain after the first six months – indeed you may find after that point that you are ready to progress to Cranfield University Technology Park. If you do decide to remain in CUBIC, providing you still fit the criteria, there is a very reasonable sliding scale of charges, starting from just £100 per calendar month.
For more information, and to find out whether your business is eligible, contact the CUBIC management team.