When adding content to our website, Cranfield University makes every effort to ensure that the material is lawful and does not infringe any person’s rights. When notified of a concern, we will investigate and where the complaint is justified, we will remove the material as soon as possible.
How to notify us
If you discover any material on our website,
- that you believe is unlawful,
- that you are the copyright owner for and that you do not consent to the use of in accordance with our terms and conditions,
- or if you believe material on the website is obscene or defamatory,
please contact email@example.com by email and provide the following information:
- Your contact details,
- Details of the resource, including the URL at which the material was found,
- If you are complaining about a breach of copyright, please state if you are the rights owner or are authorised to act for them,
- The reason for your request/ complaint (e.g., copyright law, data protection, offensive materials).
Upon receipt of a complaint, the following notice and takedown procedure will be followed:
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email.
- We will undertake an initial assessment of the validity of the complaint.
- If necessary, we will seek further legal advice from the Cranfield University legal team.
- If the complaint is upheld, we will remove the material in question from our website.
- We will provide a written response to the complainant by email to confirm our actions.
Last updated January 2022.