We are creating leaders in technology and management, unlocking the potential of people and organisations by partnering with business and governments to deliver transformational research, postgraduate education and professional development.
Creating leaders in technology and management
Cranfield's distinctive expertise is in our deep understanding of technology and management and how these work together to benefit the world.
Our education portfolio is renowned for its relevance to business and industry. We are the largest UK provider of master's-level graduates in engineering and offer a flagship MBA, extensive world-class customised executive education and professional development programmes. Our work informs government policy and leads the way in producing cutting edge new technologies and products in partnership with industry.
The research and consultancy we carry out for industry, government and business provides our students with a real-world learning environment, allowing them to develop as professionals and then transfer their knowledge to the global economy. This has always been the 'Cranfield way' but it has never been more important than in today's world.
Our corporate plan
Our corporate plan is designed to raise the ambition and enhance the distinctiveness of our University through our people (staff, students and alumni), the industry partners we work with and our unrivalled facilities. To strengthen our distinctive position in higher education and to grow our University, we have raised our ambition through our 415i goals:4 – 400 fully research-active staff
1 – Deliver a UK top 10 learning experience
5 – Achieve a 5% operating surplus
i – Impact, influence, international
Our shared, stated values help to define who we are and underpin everything we do.
Each of our four values are supported by a high-level statement and framework to guide the way we behave and shape our decisions.
We aim high. We do all we can to achieve excellence.
- We look for opportunities to innovate.
- We challenge ourselves to do our best work and to inspire others.
- We reward and celebrate success.
- We learn from our mistakes.
We change people's lives. We make the world a better place.
- We each play our part in making a difference.
- We find better ways to do things and make it happen.
- We achieve much more when we work across boundaries.
- We deliver practical outcomes by working hand-in-hand with our partners.
We value everyone's expertise. We support each other.
- We trust each other and work well together to achieve our goals.
- We are flexible in the way we think and work.
- We take time to listen and learn from each other and actively encourage different perspectives.
- We care about everyone's wellbeing.
We build and cherish our Cranfield community. We embrace diversity.
- We value diversity and seek ways to increase it.
- We provide opportunities for everyone to develop and flourish.
- We build a team spirit in our individual teams and across the University.
- We nurture collaborative relationships with students, partners and alumni.