We are proud of our achievements – and especially those of our graduates. Some notable facts about Cranfield:
- In 2018, 54% of our students were from the UK, 21% from EU countries and 25% from the rest of the world.
- There is one member of academic staff to every seven students, one of the best ratios for any university in the UK.
- Over half of all aerospace engineering master's students in the UK study at Cranfield each year.
- Half of our students are over 30 years of age.
- In a typical year, our academics deliver courses in 45 countries outside the UK.
- More than half of our students and learners study part-time.
- Over 10,000 people come to Cranfield each year to benefit from our executive and professional development programmes.
- We have 30 international alumni communities across the world, including Australia (which sponsors an annual MBA scholarship), China (Beijing and Shanghai), India and Switzerland (Zurich).
We are ranked in the top ten in the UK for commercial research, consultancy and professional development. According to the Research Excellence Framework 2014, 81% of our research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent. We're number one in the UK for research income from industry per academic (Times Higher Education, 2017).
At Cranfield School of Management:
- Our Management MSc is ranked number one in the UK and seventh in the world (The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2017 rankings).
- We are ranked third in the UK and tenth in the world (outside the US) in Forbes’ ranking of The Best International MBAs: One-Year Programs 2017.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 15 business schools in Europe and one of the top five in the UK for both open and customised executive development programmes. We are in the top ten in the world for the international reach of our customised programmes (Financial Times Executive Education rankings).
- The School is one of an elite group worldwide to hold the triple accreditation of: AACSB International (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) and AMBA (the Association of MBAs).
Cranfield is a six-time winner of the prestigious Queen's Anniversary Prize.