Radu received his PhD in 2010 from BI Norwegian Business School in Oslo. His doctoral work focused on understanding consumers' psychology of brand extension evaluation, and specifically how consumers evaluate brand extensions depending on their perception of the market where the brand is extending.
Prior to joining Cranfield, he held a senior position in a marketing consultancy dealing with customer database analysis and strategy.
Radu is Lecturer in Strategic Marketing and Director of the school's highly successful MSc in Strategic Marketing. He does research in the areas of branding and brand extensions, strategic marketing, consumer behaviour and psychology, and consumer pro-social behaviour. Radu's work has been accepted for publication in journals including European Journal of Marketing, Psychology and Marketing and Technological Forecasting and Social Change, and he regularly presents his research at reputable international conferences.
His MSc, executive and doctoral teaching are focused on the areas of brand management, consumer behaviour, marketing strategy and planning, and methods of research. He is also deeply involved in the school's PhD and DBA programmes, as both doctoral supervisor and as member of several doctoral review panels. Besides his school responsibiities, Radu is running consulting projects on brand strategy, market research and consumer research. He has a strong background in statistical and quantitative methods, and speaks several languages including English, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese and his mother tongue, Romanian.
Articles In Journals
- Champniss G, Wilson HN, Macdonald EK & Dimitriu R (2016) No I won't, but yes we will: Driving sustainability-related donations through social identity effects - In Press, Technological Forecasting and Social Change (Online).
- Dimitriu R, Warlop L & Samuelson B (2016) Brand Extension Similarity can Backfire when you look for Something Specific, European Journal of Marketing.
- Razmdoost K, Dimitriu R & Macdonald E (2015) The Effect of Overconfidence and Underconfidence on Consumer Value, Psychology and Marketing, 32 (4) 392-407.
- Knox SD, Dimitriu R & Hristodorescu L (2012) Marketing to Communities, Admap (Spring) 42-43.
- Dimitriu R (2012) An Olympic brand, Management Focus (32) 24-25.
- Maklan S & Dimitriu R (2012) Media focus still dominates strategy, Market Leader (Q4) 16-17.
- Dimitriu R & Ryals L (2011) Launching a Brand, Admap (Oct) 46-47.
- Chapman S, Maklan S, Nairn A, Dimitriu R & Macdonald E (2014) Effects of Customized Advergames on Children's Persuasion Knowledge, Attitudes, and Food Preferences.
- Razmdoost K & Dimitriu R (2013) The Relationship between Overconfidence and Underconfidence and Consumer Value.
- Razmdoost K & Dimitriu R (2013) Overconfidence and underconfidence in usage experience.
- Dimitriu RM, Knox S & Hristodorescu L (2012) Marketing to communities: A framework for identifying community structure and member roles.
- Dimitriu RM, Leonidou CN & Assiouras I (2012) Brand positioning and consumer reactions to corporate social responsibility-related news.
- Dimitriu R & King T (2012) Retail Outlet on Brand Extension Evaluation.
- Razmdoost K & Dimitriu R (2012) The Effect of Consumer Calibration Processes on Consumer Value - A Systematic Literature Review.
- King T & Dimitriu RM (2012) The influence of the retail outlet on brand extension evaluation.
- Dimitriu RM & Selnes F (2011) Investigating Multipurpose Customers.
- Faraji-Rad A & Dimitriu RM (2010) The Impact of Negative Online Reviews: When Does Reviewer Similarity Make a Difference?.
- Dimitriu RM, Samuelsen B & Warlop L (2010) The Dark Side of Brand Extension Similarity.
- Dimitriu RM & Selnes F (2009) Extending Where? How Consumers' Perception of the Extension Category Affects Brand Extension Evaluation.
- Dimitriu RM (2008) Plural Governance Deployment through Private Label Usage.
- Baines P, Dimitriu R, Knox S, Macdonald E, Marcos Cuevas J, Marcos Cuevas J, Knox S & Ryals L (2012) Issues in sustainable marketing. In: Cranfield on corporate sustainability. Grayson D and Exter N (ed.), Sheffield: Greenleaf Publishing, p. 119-132.
- Dimitriu R, Knox S & Knox S (2012) Delivering and Communicating the Value of the Sustainable Brand. In: Cranfield on Corporate Sustainability. Grayson D (ed.), Greenleaf Publishing.