Contact Professor Lance Moir
Lance has over 30 years’ senior business experience in financial and strategy roles. He has been CFO of WIN plc and Executive Director of IMImobile, Group Finance Director and Director of Planning and Business Development for First Choice Holidays plc, Director of Corporate Finance for Bass plc and Head of Corporate Finance and Planning for Storehouse plc. He is currently a non-executive director of Henderson Global Trust plc, Chairman of Thompson Dunn and Treasurer of the Association of Dance of the African Diaspora.
He has a PhD from Cranfield and has published in a number of academic journals including The Journal of Business Ethics; Corporate Governance –The International Journal of Business and Society, Accounting and Business Research. He is the author of Managing Liquidity and a number of book chapters. He is a fellow of the Association of Corporate Treasurers, where he was a member of council and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Articles In Journals
- Moir L & Sudarsanam S (2007) Determinants of financial covenants and pricing of debt in priviate debt contracts: The UK evidence, Accounting and Business Research, 37 (2).
- Bonfiglioli E, Moir L & Ambrosini V (2006) Developing the wider role of business in society: the experience of Microsoft in developing training and supporting employability, Corporate governance: the international journal of business in society, 6 (4) 401-408.
- Bender RF & Moir L (2006) Does 'best practice' in setting executive pay in the UK encourage 'good' behaviour, Journal of Business Ethics, 67 (1) 75-91.
- Bonfiglioli Elena, Moir Lance & Ambrosini Véronique (2006) Developing the wider role of business in society: the experience of Microsoft in developing training and supporting employability., Corporate governance: the international journal of business in society.
- Bender R & Moir L (2006) Does 'Best Practice' in Setting Executive Pay in the UK Encourage 'Good' Behaviour?, Journal of Business Ethics, 67 (1) 75-91.
- Brenner S & Moir L (2005) Paying the Piper and Calling the Tune: Reflections on the Inherent Conflicts in Auditing, Journal of Corporate Citizenship (16) 29-32.
- Dunne T, Helliar C & Moir L (2004) FRS 13: the introduction of a derivatives reporting standard.
- Moir L & Hockerts K (2004) Communicating corporate social responsibility to investors: the changing role of the investor relations function, Journal of Business Ethics, 52 (1) 85-98.
- Moir L & Taffler R (2004) Does corporate philantrophy exist? Business giving to the arts in the UK, Journal of Business Ethics, 54 (2) 149-161.
- Dunne T, Helliar C, Power D, Mallin C, Ow-Young K & Moir L (2004) The introduction to derivatives reporting in the UK: a content analysis of FRS 13 disclosures, Journal of Derivatives Accounting, 1 (2) 205-219.
- Moir L (2003) En la mira, 8 (5).
- Moir L (2003) Keep your Eye on the Ball, Treasurer 37-38.
- Moir L (2002) Developing Corporate Social Responsibility, Management Quarterly (17) 9-14.
- Moir L (2001) What do we mean by corporate social responsibilty?, Corporate governance: the international journal of business in society, 1 (2) 16-22.
- Moir Lance (2001) What do we mean by corporate social responsibility?.
- Moir L (2000) Financial Instruments, Management Quarterly (8) 25-30.
- Moir L (2000) The Management of Foreign Exchange Risk, Management Quarterly (9) 21-26.
- Moir L (2000) Financial Instruments., Management Quarterly.
- Moir L (2006) What's the strategy behind strategic philanthropy?. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Atlanta.
- Knox S, Kwiatkowski R, Jaina J, Creagh M, Hope-Hailey V, Moir L, Myddelton D & van der Hoven C (2005) The MBA paradox: Critical examination or practical relevance?. In: 4th International Critical Management Studies Conference, Cambridge.
- Bender R & Moir L (2005) Do current practices in UK executive pay encourage ethical behaviour. In: IABS Annual Meeting, Sonoma, CA.
- Brammer S & Moir L (2005) Why do corporations make philanthropic donations?. In: IABS Annual Meeting, Sonoma, CA.
- Bender R & Moir L (2005) Does 'best practice' in setting executive pay encourage 'good behaviour'?. In: European Accounting Association 2005 Congress, Gothenburg.
- Moir L (2004) Understanding the motives and objectives of corporate philanthropy. In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2004*, New Orleans, LA, 6 August 2004.
- Moir L (2004) Sustainability reporting in Europe: Current issues. In: IABS Annual Meeting, Jackson Hole, WY.
- Moir L & Kennerley M (2004) Where and how do financial and social issues meet? How can value be created both for the firm and for society?. In: IABS Annual Meeting, Jackson Hole, WY.
- Moir L (2003) Why do firms become involved with the Arts and how do they evaluate the benefits?. In: International Association of Business and Society Conference, Rotterdam.
- Dunne T, Helliar C, Power D, Mallin C, Ow-Yong K & Moir L (2003) The introduction of derivatives reporting in the UK: a content analysis of FRS 13 disclosures. In: British Accounting Association annual conference, Manchester.
- Moir Lance (2003) Communicating Philanthropy: Multiple Representations to Multiple Stakeholders?.
- Moir L, Kennerley M & Barratt R (2002) Reviewing and Evaluating the Evidence on Management Approaches and Performance Management in Corporate Social Responsibility. In: European Academy of Business in Society Inaugural Colloquium and Launch, Fontainebleau.
- Moir L (2002) Why do firms give - altruism, advertising, or stakeholder management? Development of a framework to understand corporate philanthropy and its application to business involvement with the arts in the UK. In: 13th Annual Meeting of the International Association for Business and Society, Victoria, B.C..
- Moir Lance (2002) Why do firms give – altruism , advertising or stakeholder management? Development of a framework to understand corporate philanthropy and its application to business involvement with the Arts in the UK..
- Moir L (2001) The measurement of corporate social performance and presentation - a study of UK corporate involvement in the arts. In: Asia Pacific Interdisciplinary Research in Accounting Conference, Adelaide.
- Helliar C, Dunne T & Moir L (2001) FRS13 - A Treasury Perspective. In: British Accounting Association, SEAG.
- Moir L (1999) The Role of Treasury. In: Introduction to Treasury Conference, London.
- Kwiatkowski R, Jaina J, Creagh M, Hope-Hailey V, Knox S, Moir L, Myddelton D & van der Hoven C (2008) Can the MBA Develop Leadership?: "Academic Reflection" vs "Practical Training". In: Leadership Learning: Knowledge into Action. Turnbull James K, Collins J (ed.), Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, p. 131-146.
- Moir L (2004) The changing role of business. In: FT Handbook of Management. Coomber S, Dearlove D, Crainer S (ed.), ed. 3.
- Moir L (2000) Treasury. In: Financial Management Manual, Accountancy Books, p. 3005-3088.
- Moir L (1997) The ACT Guide to Managing Liquidity. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing, ed. 2.