Contact Christina Latsou
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
Dr Latsou holds a BSc and MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering. Christina gained her MSc in ‘Mechanical Engineering Design' from the University of Manchester in 2014 and her PhD in ‘Automated Generation of Reliability Models’ from Loughborough University in 2019. Her PhD research work focused on the development and application of reliability methods for enhanced reliability performance. Christina’s research involved developing an automated process to generate Petri Net models from industrial representations of the system design in order to provide the capability of more timely reliability assessment in the design stage.
Christina's research interest include:
Supply Chain Simulation and Optimisation
Risk and Reliability generation methods – Automatic construction
Development and application of Reliability Methods for Enhanced Reliability Performance
Dr Latsou is a Research Fellow in Manufacturing Systems Simulation based with the Centre for Digital Engineering and Manufacturing, Manufacturing Theme at Cranfield University.
Dr Latsou is currently working on an Innovate UK project studying automation and flexible manufacturing in Cell and Gene Therapy cryogenic storage processes. In this project, real-time control systems using RFID technology provide more flexibility and enable further developments to improve manufacturing productivity, throughput and patient access to treatments. Christina's main research focus is on developing advanced simulation and optimisation techniques, and digital solutions for complex manufacturing systems and supply chains with the view to enhance performance, productivity and resilience. Dr Latsou is also involved in teaching, proposal writing and supervising postgraduate MSc projects.
Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult (CGTC)
Cryogatt Systems Ltd
Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service (SNBTS)
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Articles In Journals
- Latsou C, Erkoyuncu JA & Farsi M (2021) A multi-objective approach for resilience-based system design optimisation of complex manufacturing systems, Procedia CIRP, 100 536-541.
- Chi J, Latsou C, Erkoyuncu JA, Grenyer A, Rushton K & Brocklebank S (2021) A design framework for technology prioritisation in the context of through-life engineering services, Procedia CIRP, 100 524-529.
- Farsi M, Latsou C, Erkoyuncu JA & Morris G (2020) RFID application in a multi-agent cyber physical manufacturing system, Journal of Manufacturing and Materials Processing, 4 (4) Article No. 103.
- Latsou C, Dunnett SJ & Jackson LM (2019) A new methodology for automated Petri Net generation: Method application, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 185 (May) 113-123.
- Jackson LM, Stoneman MJ, Callaghan H, Zhang H, Latsou C, Dunnett S & Mao L (2018) Influencing operational policing strategy by predictive service analytics. In: 51st Hawaii International Conference on Systems Sciences, 2018, Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, 3-6 January 2018.
- Latsou C, Dunnett SJ & Jackson LM (2017) Automated generation of a Petri Net model: application to an end of life manufacturing process. In: 27th European Safety and Reliability Conference (ESREL 2017), Portorož, 18-22 June 2017.
- Latsou C, Dunnett SJ & Jackson LM (2016) Petri Net modelling for enhanced IT asset recycling solutions. In: 5th Student Conference on Operational Research, (SCOR 2016), Nottingham, 8-10 April 2016.