Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
The aim of this course is to comprehend the systems design principles of all major classes of modern missiles in the land, sea and air environments. It will provide you with an understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of guided weapon design and the ability to perform complex trade-off studies according to a fixed set of customer requirements.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
£1,035 - Short Course for Credit feeConcessions available
What you will learn
On successful completion, you should be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Understand the inter-disciplinary nature of guided weapon systems design,
- Determine the key parameters affecting the performance of a guided weapon system, particularly regarding the fields of propulsion, aerodynamics, warheads, control, guidance and autopilots.
- Critically analyse a weapon system and modify its characteristics to meet a given set of design objectives,
- Analyse the inter-linked parametric trends.
- introduction to the exercise with reference to background theory,
- introduction and demonstration of supporting software.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Guided Weapon Systems MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for those individuals who require a general overview of guided weapon technology and design.
Students must have completed both Guided Weapons Applications: Propulsion and Aerodynamics and Guided Weapons: Control and Guidance in order to take this Short Course for Credit.
SpeakersDr Alistair Saddington
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available and must complete the course for credits only.
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.