Cranfield University, in partnership with the British Council, is proud to join the Women in STEM Scholarship initiative by offering six fully funded scholarships for female students from the Americas’ region (eligible countries only). We are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM. Read more Read less
This scholarship programme aims to increase opportunities in STEM for girls and women. According to data from the UN Scientific Education and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), fewer than 30 percent of researchers worldwide are women and only 30 percent of female students select STEM-related fields in higher education.
At a glance
- Funding valueA full scholarship which includes tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees.
- Suitable for Applicants fromRest of World
- Deadline15 Mar 2021
- Funding provider(s)Cranfield University and the British Council
Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc
Advanced Digital Energy Systems MSc
Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
Advanced Process Engineering MSc
Advanced Water Management MSc
Energy Systems and Thermal Processes MSc
Engineering & Management of Manufacturing Systems MSc
Environmental Engineering MSc
Environmental Management for Business MSc
Future Food Sustainability MSc
Geographical Information Management MSc
Global Environmental Change MSc
Management and Information Systems MSc
Offshore Engineering MSc
Renewable Energy MSc
Water and Sanitation for Development MSc
Water and Wastewater Engineering MSc
What it coversA full scholarship which includes tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees.
Who can apply
We are looking for women who:
- are citizens and residents of the eligible countries in the Americas (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Jamaica, Mexico, Peru or Venezuela)
- are able to take up a full-time course of study in the UK for the academic year from Sept/Oct 2021 – 2022
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the eligible Cranfield Masters courses
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study at a UK university now or upon completion of a pre-sessional English course
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni
You are not eligible for a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM if you:
- Hold dual British citizenship
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies/High Commissions; the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office)
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative (*) of an employee of the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM – eligible countries
(*): Relatives are defined as parents or step-parents, siblings or step-siblings, children or stepchildren, spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner (where the couple have been in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least two years).
- Are currently in receipt of financial support or funding towards your study programme in the UK from any other source
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship or a UK institutional scholarship/financial bursary
How to apply
The first step is to check that your course choice is an eligible course and make an online application for admission to that course. When you have received your six digit Cranfield application number please submit a scholarship application through the online application form on this page using the link below.
You must download and complete the scholarship application form to upload before you submit your application. Please ensure you limit your answers to each question to approximately half a page. The file name should be BCSTEM-xxxxxx.pdf (xxxxxx is your 6-digit online application number).
Applications must be submitted before the deadline of 15th March 2021.