A wide range of accommodation options are available to suit your preferred lifestyle.
As a student on the Cranfield campus you will have a wide choice of off-campus accommodation options, enabling you to immerse yourself in British culture. Experience English village life in Cranfield village, live in the vibrant, modern city of Milton Keynes or base yourself in the historic, riverside towns of Bedford or Newport Pagnell. All locations benefit from excellent transport connections to campus, with travel to London via Milton Keynes in 35 minutes and via Bedford in 50 minutes.
At the Cranfield campus there are a wide range of accommodation options, from halls of residence to shared houses, apartments for couples and houses for families, all managed in accordance with the Universities UK/GuildHE Code of Practice for University Managed Student Accommodation.
Finding off-campus accommodation
Cranfield StudentPad, the independent off-campus accommodation search engine, will help you find accommodation in nearby Cranfield village, Bedford and Milton Keynes. The Accommodation Office can help with advice on a wide range of issues, including the different options available, information on the local area, sharing with other students and transport to campus. To use Cranfield StudentPad, register and then search for properties in the local area.
How to apply for on-campus accommodation
Once you have been offered a place on one of our full-time courses based at the Cranfield campus, you will be eligible to apply for accommodation.
With your course offer, you will be sent a login and password for the student web portal (EVE) where you can apply for your preferred accommodation online.
Due to the popular demand for on-campus accommodation, we strongly recommend that you make your application as soon as you receive your EVE login information in order to secure the accommodation you desire
At Cranfield we offer on-campus accommodation on a first come first serve basis. Applications are prioritised as follows:
- Special consideration for medical reasons*,
- New students,
- Current students.
* If you feel your application requires special consideration due to a medical condition, you must make us aware at the time you apply for accommodation. We will ask you to supply a current medical letter from your doctor which explains why your application for on-campus accommodation should be prioritised.
Frequently asked questions
When can I apply for accommodation?
- If you are accepted for a full-time course you will be able to apply for accommodation using the EVE portal.
- Due to the popular demand for on-campus accommodation, we strongly recommend that you make your application as soon as you receive your EVE login information in order to be in with a chance of securing the accommodation you desire.
When can I move into the campus accommodation?
Your accommodation is available to you one day before your registration date. Should the 14-day quarantine guidelines remain in place, you can arrive earlier and we ask you to provide us with much notice as possible to ensure your room is ready for your arrival.
Is there affordable off-site housing nearby?
- It can be cheaper to share private rental houses in surrounding villages with other students. Cranfield village is just 1.5 miles from the University. Milton Keynes and Bedford are also within easy reach, accessible by the local bus and taxi services. For more information, see our Off-Campus Accommodation page.
- Visit Cranfield StudentPad, the official Cranfield University student accommodation search engine, specifically aimed at helping you find off-campus accommodation.