The Key Account Management and Strategic Sales Forum (KAMSS Forum) is a network of companies interested in advancing their knowledge and practice of KAM and Strategic Sales. The Forum offers member companies the opportunity to actively engage in research projects on KAM and Strategic Sales and to network with people from different organisations and sectors, as well as with experts in the field.
Why Join This Forum?
Key Account Management (KAM) and Strategic Sales have gained importance in the past few years, given the competitive pressures of the markets. Companies need to establish collaborative partnerships to differentiate from competitors, and the sales function (and process) must be strategic in making sure short-term actions are linked to long-term goals.
The objective of the KAMSS Forum is to support member companies and executives in their practice of KAM and Strategic Sales through the insights from speakers, group discussions, and peer-to-peer exchange of experiences and networking.
What are the Benefits for Member Companies?
Each year, KAMSS Forum members receive:
- Free attendance to quarterly full day events with guest speakers and group discussions on best practice in KAM and Strategic Sales
- Optional attendance to the KAMSS Forum Dinner the night before each event, to meet the speakers and network with the other members
- Free access to KAMSS Forum research reports, toolkits, and experts' perspectives on KAM and Strategic Sales Best Practice
- Free Intranet access to the KAMSS Forum members website, with all past presentations and other relevant information and materials
- Optional participation in research projects, with access to a summary of the key findings upon the projects' completion
- Corporate discounts across Cranfield School of Management Executive Development Programmes:
- 25% off ALL Specialist Open Programmes tuition fees
- 10% of ALL Executive MSc Programmes and International Executive Doctorate (DBA)
- Applies to ALL employees within a research club member organisation.
What is the Research About?
Research topics are agreed each year in consultation with members of the KAMSS Forum, in response to their needs, challenges, and the observed market trends.
These are some of the current research projects:
- The Future of Key Account Management
- The use of Technology in Business-to-Business Sales
- KAM Resources and Capabilities for Competitive Advantage
- The Strategic Dilemmas of Sales Leaders
How does the Forum Operate?
The KAMSS Forum membership is on a company basis. The annual membership fee entitles member firms to send up to 6 people on Forum activities. The Forum operates on a non-competitive basis, enabling Forum members to meet and share best practice in an open and supportive atmosphere. Typically, between 60 and 70 people attend Forum events. The Forum is directed by Dr Rodrigo Guesalaga, Senior Lecturer in Key Account Management at Cranfield School of Management (email@example.com), Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758089.
How to Join?
Subject to member agreement, you can join the KAMSS Forum at any time. You can also attend as a guest to one of the Forum events. However, there would be a charge for this which would be deducted from your membership fee upon signing up. Twelve months membership costs £7,500 +VAT and entitles you to all member benefits. To join, you will need to sign a membership contract, which can be obtained from Hayley Brown, KAMSS Forum Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us for more information on +44 (0) 1234 751122.
Who are our Current Members?
BP, Grant Thornton, K-International, MSD Animal Health, Pfizer, RM Results, Trend Control Systems Ltd, WD40 and Zoetis.