The Key Account Management Forum (KAM Forum) is a leading Centre for research and best practice in key account management and strategic sales.
With a track record of 25 years, we seek to continue being an internationally recognised expert in the research and advancement of Key Account Management (KAM) by creating and disseminating thought leadership that can be used by its members in their respective organisations in the pursuit of sustainable growth and positive impact with their most strategic customers.
Members benefit receiving insights and practical models that they can utilise as they seek to manage their most strategic customers. Members engage in collaboration, networks and strategic alliances that enable them to access the latest thinking and practices, and thought leadership in KAM.
- Priority access to research and best practice outputs
- Access to online resources including webinars, reports, videos, podcasts
- Attendance to quarterly meetings and the annual conference
- Advisory services: Strategic KAM Consultancy
- Involvement in research, master theses and doctoral projects
- Certification in Key and Global Account Management
- Corporate discounts for the Executive Doctorate in Business Administration, and the Executive Masters programmes
- Corporate discounts across Cranfield School of Management Executive Development Programmes:
- 25% off when attending Cranfield's Key Account Management Best Practice and Strategic Sales Leadership programmes and other open enrolment programmes
- 10% of all Executive MSc Programmes and International Executive Doctorate (DBA)
- Applies to all employees within a corporate member organisation.
Research and Thought Leadership
The research agenda is jointly designed in consultation with members, and aims to respond to their key issues in KAM such as:
- Bid/tender proposal management
- Working with the procurement function
- Personal Effectiveness for the key account manager
- The impact of technology in KAM
- KAM strategy formulation and implementation
- Creating and delivering customer value
- The Future of Key Account Management
16th November 2023
Speaker: Dr Mariano Hernandez - Salesforce
Theme: How do Value Capture Specialists Capture Value for the Customer and Strategic Supplier?
7th December 2023
Speaker: Professor Hervé Legenvre - EIPM
Theme: What does Procurement Look for from Suppliers in 2023? How Should you Ensure you Deliver these Things?
Forthcoming Conferences (onsite)
23rd November 2023
KAM FORUM AWARDS 2023
The Cranfield KAM Forum awards aim to identify and share exemplars of best practices in KAM. We wish to recognise and acknowledge the efforts of those individuals and organisations that contribute to advancing our discipline by going ‘an extra’ mile, in how they create customer value and make a positive impact with their strategic customers. There are three categories of awards, and companies can submit to either category. The submission deadline is 10 November 2023. The awards are open to members and non-members. Companies/individuals winning an award who are not members will be offered special terms if they decide to join the Forum. Read more…
The Key Account Management Programme: addresses organisation-wide KAM capability to deliver value to their customers, acknowledging excellence in designing and formulating either comprehensive KAM Programmes or specific KAM practices. Read more…
The Key Account Plan: is focused on individuals/teams recognising excellence in the approach, content, and structure of Key Account Plans Read more…
Supplier – Key Customer Sustainability Outcomes: This award is for dyads of supplier-customers who have pioneered ways of working that result in demonstrable sustainability outcomes, in other words, quantifiable benefits that address key areas of the Climate Change and Carbon Reduction agendas. Read more…
Premium Corporate Membership
A membership most suitable for large companies with an established KAM function and sales force. Read more...
A membership scheme conceived to support smaller companies. Read more...
Designed to give access to individuals who may be located outside of the UK, or who work as independent professionals. Read more...
Some of our members include organisations such as:
Agileeto Ltd, Akkodis, Brightbridge Consulting, Eebz Ltd, Grundfos Pumps, Honeywell/Trend Control Systems, Jacobs, K-International, Karndean Design Flooring, Luxfer Gas Cylinders, Pfizer, RM Results, Royal Mail, VirginmediaO2 and Zoetis.