We deliver transformative, world-class research that generates discoveries that have a real impact on organizations across all sectors. A research arrangement with our group will provide you with direct access to specialist academic knowledge and expertise to provide a solution to a problem your organization is experiencing.
We enjoy an international reputation for our research on organizational resilience, change, and leadership. We have a proven track record in accessing research grants and have published a large number of ground breaking and very highly cited articles and book chapters. We utilise a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as social network analysis, qualitative comparative analysis, experiments, modelling, and simulations.
We collaborate with businesses and organizations from all sectors, and this can take different forms:
- Client funded research projects. We offer high quality, commercially focused research that will bring direct economic benefits to your business.
- Collaborative research projects. We can work with your organization to bid for external funding such as Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs), a government scheme that provides grants to work with universities.
- Student projects. We offer supported professional consultancy through supervised doctoral student projects, a low-cost option that can create a longer-term relationship with Cranfield.
- Research supervision. We are highly experienced supervisors and can offer a stimulating and fruitful partnership approach to PhD and DBA students who want to make a difference. We have over 25 doctoral researchers in our group - so you will be joining a vibrant research community.
- Visiting Fellows/Professors. We welcome world-class leaders in their fields, who want to work with us to conduct business-relevant research, produce publications, and deliver consultancy services that are firmly in tune with the evolving needs of business and public sector.
We work in three areas of expertise: organizational resilience, leadership, and change. We help individuals and organizations address a wide variety of different challenges, so there is no such thing as a typical project.