This programme will equip you with the skills and tools you need to successfully manage your company's business, engage customers, and lead your sales team. The focus is on strategic selling that will help companies to develop sustained competitive advantages and achieve long-term performance. Read more Read less
The program is organised around four key themes: strategy, structure, measurement, and people development, and includes a 4-day agenda to cover and practice the contents, plus a 5th day (a few weeks later) to reflect on some application to real problems that the delegates currently face in their companies.
By the end of the programme, you should be able to make a sound assessment of your company's sales strategy, identify potential areas for improvement, and propose an intervention plan that will support sustained growth and sales performance.
At a glance
- 06 Jun 2017
- 02 Oct 2017
- 23 Apr 2018
- 09 Oct 2018
- Duration4 days, residential + follow up day
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£6,900 + VAT Concessions available
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||June 17 Programme||Oct 17 Programme
||April 18 Programme||Oct 18 Programme|
|1||6 - 9 June 2017||2 - 5 October 2017
||23 - 26 April 2018||9 - 12 October 2018|
|2 (Follow up day)||6 July 2017
||8 November 2017
||7 June 2018||8 November 2018|
What you will learn
You will gain:
- An understanding of how to make the selling effort productive in the long run.
- An increased ability and confidence in influencing, managing and motivating sales teams
- Practical tools for managing a customer portfolio and creating customer value.
- The opportunity to peer-learn from participants operating in a variety of industries, and to network.
Your organisation will gain:
- The renewed vision and commitment of a senior executive who could lead or support change management initiatives for the business.
- Visibility of the numerous resources that Cranfield University can offer to companies (e.g., customised programmes, the KAM Research Club).
- The opportunity to connect with senior executives in other companies which may face similar business challenges.
Day 1: STRATEGY
- The strategic role of sales
- Short-term actions for long-term performance
- Creating and delivering value to customers
Day 2: STRUCTURE
- Key account management and team selling
- Sales structures and internal selling
- The procurement perspective
Day 3: MEASUREMENT
- Sales performance analysis
- Target setting
- Rewards systems in sales
Day 4: DEVELOPMENT
- Sales leadership and development
- Recruiting and retaining talent
- Persuading and influencing
Day 5 (after a few weeks): APPLICATION
- The delegates share their experience implementing some initiative based on the contents of the programme, to get feedback from their peers.
Who should attend
This programme is primarily for senior executives involved in strategic selling and customer management, with high-level business responsibilities. It can also appeal to mid-career sales executives who expect to move into higher-level positions in the future. We typically get people with positions such as the following:
- Sales/Commercial Directors or Vice Presidents
- Sales/Commercial Managers
- Directors of Global Accounts and Key Account Managers
- Business Development Directors and Managers and Executives
- Sales Executives and Analysts
In addition, executives involved in General Management, Human Resource Management, and Procurement will also benefit from this programme.
Concessions25% discount for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University