The KAM Best Practice Research Club is a network of companies who are interested in implementing and/or improving KAM. The Club offers them the opportunity to access and influence research into KAM Best Practice and to network with best-in-class organisations and leading academics and practitioners in the field.
What is Key Account Management?
Key accounts are business-to-business customers that are strategically important to their suppliers. Typically, this is because of their size and market position. Key account management (KAM) is the process that supplier companies need to adopt to manage these relationships successfully and profitably. KAM is one of the most important developments in business-to-business selling and relationship management in recent years.
The objective of the Club is to help members understand the real purchase motivators for these critical customers. In turn, this will improve the supplier's ability to manage their most important relationships.
Each year, KAM Club members receive:
- Free attendance to quarterly full day events with guest speakers and group discussions on best practice in key account management
- Optional attendance to the KAM Club Dinner the night before each event, to meet the speakers and network with your fellow KAM Club members
- Free access to KAM Club Research Reports and Executive Briefings on KAM best practice
- Free Intranet access to the KAM Club members , with all past presentations and other relevant information and materials
- Optional participation in research projects, with access to a summary of the key findings upon the projects' completion
- Corporate discounts across Cranfield School of Management Executive Development Programmes:
- 25% off ALL Specialist Open Programmes tuition fees
- 10% of ALL Executive MSc Programmes and International Executive Doctorate (DBA)
- Applies to ALL employees within a research club member organisation.
Research topics are agreed each year in consultation with members, in response to their main issues and topics raised by visiting speakers. Recently, the KAM Club has been researching how to implement KAM successfully, customer centricity, and the actual behaviours of sales people in live sales meetings.
Previous research includes analysis of how to build a key account portfolio and how to manage it profitably.
How the Club Operates
Membership is on a company basis and the club currently has 16 corporate members. The annual membership fee entitles member firms to send up to 6 people on Club activities. The Club operates on a non-competitive basis, enabling Club members to meet and share best practice in an open and supportive atmosphere. Typically, between 60 and 70 people attend Club meetings. The Club is directed by Dr Rodrigo Guesalaga, Senior Lecturer in Key Account Management at Cranfield School of Management (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758089.
How to Join
Subject to member agreement, you can join the KAM Club at any time. You can also attend one of the Club meetings first. Twelve months membership costs £6,000 +VAT and entitles you to all member benefits. To join, you will need to sign a membership contract, which can be obtained from Hayley Brown, KAM Club Administrator (email@example.com) or call us for more information on +44 (0) 1234 751122.
3M, Allied Mills, BP, Grant Thornton, Hewlett Packard, International Nuclear Services, K-International, MSD Animal Health, Pfizer, RM Results, SKF UK Ltd, Trend Control Systems Ltd, WD40 and Zoetis.