Women as Leaders is led by Cranfield leadership experts who have worked with women’s leadership development since the early days of interest in this field. Read more Read less
Strategies for career success
Cranfield has 25 years of research into women’s leadership and this programme draws on this expertise. The programme directors currently work internationally with clients who want to use the latest thinking on leadership practices in their senior roles.
This programme will: help you to think positively about developing leadership practices that are best fitted to your context; help you develop leadership practices that fit with your personal values and preferences; help you work with the political landscape in which senior leadership roles are embedded. It will provide you with the knowledge and mind-set to overcome the barriers to further success and to increase your promotional opportunities.
Women as Leaders integrates leading edge research with participants’ personal experiences to provide practical learning about leadership and how to navigate your way in complex executive roles.
Programme information – Live online
- 09 Nov 2022
- 10 May 2023
- 08 Nov 2023
- Duration2 + 2 days
- LocationLive online
- Cost£2,950 + VAT Concessions available
The programme modules run on the following date:
|November 2022||May 2023||November 2023|
|Module 1||9 - 10 November 2022||10 – 11 May 2023||8 - 9 November 2023|
|Module 2||16 - 17 November 2022||23 – 24 May 2023||15 - 16 November 2023|
What you will learn
As a participant on this programme, you will have an opportunity to acquire:
- A clearer understanding of the challenges facing women when taking up senior positions
- An opportunity to step back and consider what you need to do to ensure you develop your leadership in a way that is tailored to your role and context
- An appraisal of what is important for you in your life and career at this time, what success means for you and the strategies you need to pursue your career whilst also paying attention to work/life balance and integration
- A unique opportunity to work with a group of senior women to examine what needs to change in organisation practices and culture for women to advance.
The Programme Experience
This programme is live-online with highly interactive sessions and dedicated group breakouts for in-depth discussion on your own leadership and career challenges.
Our programme is designed to maximise your personal learning and growth and as such, we will limit numbers to ensure you will get to know each other and work in a collaborative learning environment.
- Doing leadership differently as a woman; the new leadership landscape
- Your aspirations and values as a leader
- Navigating in a male dominated organisation
- Political skills and networking in organisations
- Increasing personal presence
- Creating and maintaining resilience and well-being as a female leader.
Week one: Identifying my challenges, my aspirations and my development needs
- Day 1
- The challenges facing women in leadership
- Where am I in my life –what are the issues for me?
- Day 2
- Where do I want to go in my career?
- Career strategies for improving the position of women
Week two: Leadership: developing my leadership practices, developing my personal brand and capital
- Day 1
- Leadership: beyond the hero leader
- Leadership: networks and politics
- Day 2
- Leadership presence
- Organisational strategies for change
Who should attendThis programme is designed for women looking to progress their careers, particularly those looking to move from middle to senior management roles.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University