High impact leaders are made not born
At Cranfield we believe that positive high-impact leaders are made not born. We also believe that truly great leaders need to develop themselves beyond traditional leadership courses; and that exceptional leadership can be further nurtured even amongst the most experienced of leaders.
Our research (88% of which is rated world leading or internationally excellent by the UK Government’s Research Excellence Framework) supports this view.
Think for a moment about some of the finest leaders in your career or from history. Whom do you admire? What made them special? There may well be an ‘intangible element’ that they possessed that is rarely taught but made them the leader that you hold in high regard.
The High Performance Leadership programme acts as a finishing school for established directors and senior managers. Drawing on our latest research, the programme’s breakthrough design and our focus on the ‘intangibles’ enables you to transition into an exceptional, powerfully effective and unique leader who is able to thrive in today’s world, no matter the context.
At a glance
- 22 Nov 2022
- 08 May 2023
- Duration3 days residential x 2, plus 1 day
- LocationCranfield campus
Cost£10,175 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||November 2022||May 2023
|1||21 - 23 November 2022||8 - 10 May 2023|
|2||6 - 8 February 2023||25 - 27 September 2023|
“This programme will support leaders from my sector and challenge candidates on every level. The emerging leader will be given a chance to flourish and grow.”
Sally Allum, Director of Nursing and Quality, NHS England
What you will learn
This programme is focused on developing your mindset rather than your skills. Our experience of working with global leaders has shown us that in today’s uncertain economic and social context, exceptional leadership derives more from a growth mindset than a traditional skills and competencies-based approach.
- Develop a deeper understanding of who you are as a leader and why you are in a leadership role,
- Gain improved agility in your leadership behaviours and practices to meet unplanned challenges,
- Be ready to embrace change and uncertainty, and feel comfortable in not knowing,
- Refresh your interpersonal communications and attitudes, the heart of high-performance leadership,
- Build strong engagement and trust with all your stakeholders through listening and empathy,
- Feel more confident and self-assured.
World class facilitation design
Being in the top 1% of global business schools who are triple accredited, our facilitators are world-class experts in deep personal transformation for executive leaders.
They help you to see yourself through a multi-lens holistic view using state-of-the-art models and frameworks. The programme will open the opportunity for you to uncover hidden insights and help you to identify shackles which have been holding you back.
You will genuinely enhance your leadership practice and sharpen your awareness of working both ‘in’ and ‘on’ the business.
Programme experience tailored to you
Your context and challenges are unique. Therefore, as you begin to apply your learnings, your experience and the value that you gain will naturally be tailored to you.
Your journey will focus on two integrated and connected paths:
- You as a leader,
- Your organisational leadership context including the priority challenges that you are facing.
You as a leader
Doing, being, thinking.
- Going beyond the emphasis on ‘doing’ to encompass how you show up in your leadership role, the shadow you cast and how you think more widely and strategically when making decisions.
Cerebral, emotional and visceral.
- Work on yourself. Access a deeper level of awareness of how you can strengthen your emotional, social, and political intelligence so that you convey authenticity in your leadership approach.
Your organisational context
As we work with you to understand and explore your leadership context, we will share our own latest thinking and connect your leadership behaviours and practices to the five key anchors of organisations:
- Human capital and talent.
Deepen your awareness of your own context and emerging business environment, and provide insight into how you inhabit your own role in a dynamic way.
This in-person programme comprises three modules:
- Module 1 – held at our world-class conference facility on the Cranfield University campus over 3 days, this module provides an introduction to the programme and an exploration of your leadership style, challenges and aspirations.
- Module 2 – a 1 day leadership exchange (in-person or virtual) in an organisation where you will observe and learn from a different culture and leadership practices.
- Module 3 – held at an inspirational location which will provide a special backdrop for leadership learning.
Who should attend
Directors and senior managers aspiring to C-level who:
- have mastered business fundamentals and now need to ‘lead leaders’;
- are required to enhance their managing upwards capability;
- need to develop broader responsibly across a number of teams.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre