High impact leaders are made not born
At Cranfield we believe that positive high-impact leaders are made not born. We also believe that truly great leaders need to develop themselves beyond traditional leadership courses; and that exceptional leadership can be further nurtured even amongst the most experienced of leaders.
Our research (88% of which is rated world-leading or internationally excellent by the UK Government’s Research Excellence Framework) supports this view.
Think for a moment about some of the finest leaders in your career or from history. Whom do you admire? What made them special? There may well be an ‘intangible element’ that they possessed that is rarely taught but made them the leader that you hold in high regard.
The High Performance Leadership programme acts as a finishing school for established directors and senior managers. Drawing on our latest research, the programme’s breakthrough design and our focus on the ‘intangibles’ enables you to transition into an exceptional, powerfully effective and unique leader who is able to thrive in today’s world, no matter the context.
At a glance
- 13 May 2024
- 18 Nov 2024
- Duration3 days residential x 2, plus 1 day
- LocationCranfield campus
Cost£10,175 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|Module||November 2023||May 2024||November 2024|
|1||20 - 22 November 2023||13 - 15 May 2024||18 - 20 November 2024|
|2||12 - 14 February 2024||23 - 25 September 2024||10 - 12 February 2025|
“It’s not an over-exaggeration to say the High Performance Leadership programme has been seriously impactful. I’ve learned so many practices and processes that I can apply directly to what I do so it’s been hugely relevant.”
Business Director EMEA, INOLEX GmbH
“What I’ve learned will make my professional life easier; I’ll remove obstacles that I’ve always had because I didn’t know how to deal with them before.”
Head of Legal, Quick International Courier UK Ltd
“The programme has been a life-enhancing and career-enhancing experience. I’ve found it a really positive experience and it’s been a really good investment of my time.”
Deputy Director of People Transformation, Ministry of Defence
What you will learn
This programme is focused on developing your mindset rather than your skills. Our experience of working with global leaders has shown us that in today’s uncertain economic and social context, exceptional leadership derives more from a growth mindset than a traditional skills and competencies-based approach.
- Develop a deeper understanding of who you are as a leader and why you are in a leadership role,
- Gain improved agility in your leadership behaviours and practices to meet unplanned challenges,
- Be ready to embrace change and uncertainty, and feel comfortable in not knowing,
- Refresh your interpersonal communications and attitudes, the heart of high-performance leadership,
- Build strong engagement and trust with all your stakeholders through listening and empathy,
- Feel more confident and self-assured.
World-class facilitation design
Being in the top 1% of global business schools that are triple-accredited, our facilitators are world-class experts in deep personal transformation for executive leaders.
They help you to see yourself through a multi-lens holistic view using state-of-the-art models and frameworks. The programme will open the opportunity for you to uncover hidden insights and help you to identify shackles which have been holding you back.
You will genuinely enhance your leadership practice and sharpen your awareness of working both ‘in’ and ‘on’ the business.
Programme experience tailored to you
Your context and challenges are unique. Therefore, as you begin to apply your learnings, your experience and the value that you gain will naturally be tailored to you.
Your journey will focus on two integrated and connected paths:
- You as a leader,
- Your organisational leadership context including the priority challenges that you are facing.
You as a leader
Doing, being, thinking.
- Going beyond the emphasis on ‘doing’ to encompass how you show up in your leadership role, the shadow you cast and how you think more widely and strategically when making decisions.
Cerebral, emotional and visceral.
- Work on yourself. Access a deeper level of awareness of how you can strengthen your emotional, social, and political intelligence so that you convey authenticity in your leadership approach.
Your organisational context
As we work with you to understand and explore your leadership context, we will share our own latest thinking and connect your leadership behaviours and practices to the five key anchors of organisations:
- Human capital and talent.
The programme is designed to deepen your awareness of your own context within your emerging business environment, and you will develop insight into how you inhabit your own role in a dynamic way.
Spread over six months, with two residential modules at Cranfield campus and inter-modular activities, the programme is evidence-based and incorporates advanced leadership models, extensive coaching opportunities and a personal leadership impact assignment. Both modules fully engage your mind, body and heart in an experience that is designed to be challenging, but also incredibly supportive.
Who should attend
Directors and senior managers aspiring to C-level who:
- have mastered business fundamentals and now need to ‘lead leaders’;
- are required to enhance their managing upwards capability;
- need to develop broader responsibility across a number of teams.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre