Revised for 2019. Develop your management perspective and leadership capabilities. This immersive learning experience, designed for early career professionals with high managerial potential, blends professional development with personal growth to provide you with a clearer strategic understanding, broadening your business expertise and developing your leadership capabilities.
At a glance
- 04 Oct 2021
- Duration2-3 days virtual learning + 5 days residential + 5 days residential + review sessions after 6 and 12 months
- LocationCranfield Campus and Virtual Learning
Cost£11,550 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|May 2021||October 2021|
||Opens 4 May 2021
||Opens 4 October 2021|
|Module 2||7-11 June 2021||1-5 November 2021|
|Module 3||12-16 July 2021||29 November - 3 December 2021|
|Review 1||7 October 2021||March 2022 tbc|
|Review 2||June 2022 tbc||October 2022 tbc|
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- Greater confidence and competence to work outside your comfort zone.
- A wider perspective on management, enabling you to make a substantive contribution to the whole organisation.
- A strategic mind set so you can focus and align your activity to adding long term value.
- Increased understanding of decision making, constructive politics and social dynamics, allowing you to effectively influence and engage across all levels, functions and cultures, even without formal authority.
To broaden your perspective on management, the programme will focus on a range of organisational functions and the leadership skills they demand to deliver results.
To develop your ability to influence without authority, this programme incorporates psychometric assessments to determine and maximise your leadership style.
You will cover a range of organisational and interpersonal leadership skills and identify and execute a real life project that adds value to your organisation.
During the course of the programme, you will work with a group of fellow participants on a business simulation, assessing complex situations and making strategic decisions concerning a fictitious commercial business.
The programme is split into three modules, the first is delivered via our virtual learning environment which should take approximately 2-3 days to complete. This is followed by two Cranfield residential modules which are five days each. You will benefit from coaching sessions following each module, plus face to face reviews at six and 12 months.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Enhanced operational functional team performance and leadership.
- Increased empowerment and innovation.
- Less silo working and more cross-business collaboration.
- Strategically aligned operational and functional development.
- Bottom-up as well as top-down change capability.
- A stronger talent and succession pipeline.
Who should attend
- Early career professionals with high managerial potential, ready to accelerate their career development and business contribution through broader management responsibility.
- Functional experts needing a broader organisational perspective, the ability to influence without formal authority, to be seen as credible and to develop effective relationships across the organisation.
- Participants come from a broad variety of organisations ranging from mid-size businesses to large corporations across all sectors.
"I read others better and understand their way of looking at things so am now more influential in the business too. The things I have introduced are now common practice and the widely dispersed team is more connected, steadily developing and more performance focused."
Ciaran McNicholas, Sales Manager, Mangrove UK
"The programme has shaped my career. I have had a 180º change. I am much more direct and positive. I network widely and understand others’ agendas. As a result I can easily engage with my senior colleagues."
Nourah Alhajri, HR Business Partner, SSH
“Overall the programme has helped me develop my credibility in the business by giving me more confidence to think strategically, to be more proactive and work with others more effectively.”
Jamie Cartwright, AME Manager, Jaguar Land Rover
20% discount (Tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University