Built on over 40 years’ experience of developing leaders, our general management portfolio assists managers at key transition points into wider roles in your leadership career, helping you to transition smoothly and to have more impact, more quickly.
2019 sees a refresh of Cranfield’s general management programmes, as we continually strive to provide courses that suit our clients’ requirements in terms of course content and the latest learning methodologies.Read more Read less
The portfolio consists of four programmes:
- The Talent Development Programme focuses on your early career, at the point when you need to develop your managerial perspective and leadership capabilities.
- The General Management Programme prepares you for a more general management role as you acquire a broader business perspective to deliver greater value.
- The Into Director Programme prepares you to become a director and part of your organisation’s senior management team.
- The Purpose experience is designed for those of you that have reached the pinnacle of your career and want to build awareness and cultivate purpose to create a more engaged and meaningful legacy.
Each course is an immersive experience that supports you over an extended period of time, incorporating a number of modules, with the time and opportunity to return to the workplace and put into practice new learning from sessions at Cranfield and online.
Each programme includes the completion of a suite of leadership assessment instruments as well as the development of strategic skills across business topics and the development of your leadership skills, reflective practice, and deep personal insight appropriate to each transition. The programmes are highly involving, interactive and supported by both peer-to-peer and professional coaching.
Cranfield’s close links to industry and understanding of current business issues, combined with our faculty’s academic knowledge, practical business and leadership experience plus our strong focus on one-to-one activities delivers sustained personal development, which in turn delivers organisational success.
Some organisations use the portfolio as part of their strategic talent development offering, using the leadership assessment outcomes as part of their talent management planning and approach, in order to identify suitable managers and leaders to enrol on the programmes.
A diverse mix of participants on these programmes offers a broad learning experience and excellent networking opportunities outside of your business and industry.
The record of success of our general management courses goes far beyond Cranfield itself, through the achievements of programme participants.
Organisations that have already benefited from Cranfield’s general management programmes:
- Anglian Water Services Ltd
- Card Network Solutions
- Carlsberg Breweries
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd
- MHR Ltd
- Santander UK Plc
- The Master Innholders
- Willis Towers Watson Plc
Whether you are embarking on the path to a managerial career, are needing to refresh your approach to leadership or wish to create your legacy, Cranfield has a general management programme to suit you, your aspirations, seniority and level of experience.