This page contains information to assist with the arrival and registration procedures for courses based at Shrivenham, for Cranfield Defence and Security.
Please take the time to read all the information thoroughly.
If you hold an offer for a course at our Cranfield Campus in Bedfordshire, please see our Cranfield campus arrival and registration information page.
Cranfield University at Shrivenham Pre-Arrival Information
If you are due to formally register at Cranfield University at Shrivenham, please ensure that that you have completed the following prior to your registration date:
- Completed your online registration task through Shrivenham e:Vision EVE. The task will be sent to you at least two weeks prior to your registration date
- Organised your ATAS certificate (if required)
- Organised your visa (if required)
- Sent any outstanding documentation to meet the requirements of your offer.
- Submitted BPSS form and related documentation (if required).
You will not be required to send a passport photo as part of your pre-arrival preparation.
If you are an international student find out more about visas and immigration here.
For additional information on accessing your accommodation on your arrival, find out more about accommodation.
To help you plan your journey, visit how to find Shrivenham.
Please remember to bring the following documentation with you, along with photocopies where stated for administration purposes:
- Passport or MOD ID
If you are an international student from outside the EU please also provide a photocopy of your passport photo page and (if possible) valid visa
- A copy of your degree certificate (if not already uploaded to EVE)
- Evidence of name change (if not already uploaded to EVE)
Required if any documents used to support your application are under a previous name, i.e. degree certificate
- Any other documentation necessary to complete your conditions of offer
E.g. IELTS results for international students.
For international students please read through the information on visas and immigration.
Defence Academy IT account
The Defence Academy IT account allows you to log onto the Defence Academy network from the majority of computers at Cranfield Defence and Security. The network is owned by the Ministry of Defence and is subject to MOD controls.
Shrivenham student handbook
A Student's Guide to Shrivenham (PDF) provides information that you will find useful prior to, and after arrival on Campus. You will find a copy of this on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) after your IT induction (see page 44).
Late arrivals are rarely permitted. If you find that you are unable to attend Registration and subsequent induction programme you should notify the Admissions team at your earliest convenience.
T: +44 (0)1793 785970 or +44 (0)1793 785400
If you are International Military you can contact the International Defence Training (Army) 3 with all your immediate concerns or questions.
T: +44 (0)1980 615685
Ten top arrival preparation tips for overseas students
The Home Office Border Force has produced a helpful list of ten top tips for first time students arriving to commence their studies in the UK this autumn. The tips are designed to ensure that you are not unduly delayed as you enter the UK by helping you prepare for what you may need to present at border control.
Follow these top tips for a smooth journey through the UK border.
- Have your passport ready
- Ensure you complete a landing card (only applicable if you are a non EEA National)
- Have your university Certificate of Acceptance Studies (CAS) number ready. If you don't have a CAS number please bring details of your course of study
- Keep any medical documentation, recent bank statement and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage
- Do not bring in any meat or dairy products from outside the EU
- There are also other food products such as fish, eggs and honey, as well as some fruit, vegetables and plants (e.g. bulbs, seeds, cut flowers and tree bark) which can't be brought into the UK. View the list of restricted goods.
- There are restrictions on the amount of tobacco, alcohol and gifts you can bring into the UK. If you exceed your duty-free allowance and do not declare it, all of your items could be taken away from you
- Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit
- You must declare any sums of cash of £10,000 or more (or the equivalent in another currency) if you are travelling from a country outside the European Union
- Never give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents).
Cranfield University at Shrivenham Registration
On registration day you will be introduced to the School, your course, complete the enrolment process and embark on your first module, unless otherwise advised. Please read your joining instructions, registration timetable and notes thoroughly.
On arrival at Visitor Reception you will be required to produce photographic ID and your offer letter from Registry. You will be issued with a temporary vehicle pass to allow you access. Please allow plenty of time for this as there may be queues.
All persons wishing to access Cranfield Defence and Security must produce photographic ID (passport, UK photo driving licence, government ID card or similar).
Serving military personnel sponsored by their respective service (UK and International) may be expected to wear military dress during the working day as if in their parent unit. Please refer to your joining instructions to see if this is applicable to you.