Registration is an important step in becoming a student at Cranfield and is the formal contract between you and the University. It also enables you to use the libraries and computing facilities and receive your University Student ID card. Full details and guidance can be found in the University general student handbook.

This information is specific to postgraduate admissions at the Cranfield Campus Schools. If you hold an offer for a course based at Cranfield University at Shrivenham please, see the Shrivenham arrival and registration information.

Cranfield campus pre-arrival information

If you are due to register, please ensure that you have completed the following prior to departing for Cranfield:

*Please note we are unable to register students who have not provided an accepted English language certificate, or evidence of their English test booking confirmation, where English is an outstanding offer condition.

The following information is also available to help you prepare for arriving at Cranfield:

Pre-arrival checklist

Visas and immigration

How to find Cranfield


How to pay fees

Pre-registration requirements

Please remember to bring the following documentation with you, along with photocopies where stated for administration purposes:

  • Passport or MOD ID
    If you are an international student from outside the EU please also provide a photocopy of your passport photo page and (if possible) valid visa
  • A copy of your degree certificate (if not already uploaded to EVE)
  • Evidence of name change (if not already uploaded to EVE)
    Required if any documents used to support your application are under a previous name, i.e. degree certificate
  • Any other documentation necessary to complete your conditions of offer
    E.g. IELTS results for international students.

For international students please read through the information on visas and immigration.

Ten top arrival preparation tips for overseas students

The Home Office Border Force has produced a helpful list of ten top tips for first time students arriving to commence their studies in the UK this autumn. The tips are designed to ensure that you are not unduly delayed as you enter the UK by helping you prepare for what you may need to present at border control. 

Follow these top tips for a smooth journey through the UK border.

  1. Have your passport ready
  2. Ensure you complete a landing card (only applicable if you are a non EEA National)
  3. Have your university Certificate of Acceptance Studies (CAS) number ready. If you don't have a CAS number please bring details of your course of study
  4. Keep any medical documentation, recent bank statement and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage
  5. Do not bring in any meat or dairy products from outside the EU
  6. There are also other food products such as fish, eggs and honey, as well as some fruit, vegetables and plants (e.g. bulbs, seeds, cut flowers and tree bark) which can't be brought into the UK. View the list of restricted goods.
  7. There are restrictions on the amount of tobacco, alcohol and gifts you can bring into the UK. If you exceed your duty-free allowance and do not declare it, all of your items could be taken away from you
  8. Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit
  9. You must declare any sums of cash of £10,000 or more (or the equivalent in another currency) if you are travelling from a country outside the European Union
  10. Never give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents).

Registration information and schedules

Coming soon