Help and support is always close at hand at Cranfield University, whether you need assistance with your studies or to make the most of your time on campus. Here are the main sources of advice and guidance:

Student Advice Centres

There are Student Advice Centres at both Cranfield and Shrivenham which act as a central source of information for students. They offer professional and confidential advice, such as the co-ordination of disability and learning support, and guidance to help you make the most of your time at the University and to access the many resources available to you.

Cranfield Student Association

The Cranfield Student Association (CSA) represents all Cranfield University students and reflects the international nature of the University. It promotes student welfare, ensures all students receive the support they need and organises social, cultural and sporting activities. 

It is run by a team of elected students and is supported by a small team of staff. Throughout the year, the CSA organises many social events and entertainment including for Welcome Week and graduation, live bands, discos, the President's Ball and the Cranstock music festival which is organised by full-time MBA students. The CSA also organises trips to places of interest around the country, responding to suggestions from members. Find out more about the Cranfield CSA.

Cranfield University at Shrivenham CSA

At the Shrivenham you have the choice between the Slim Atrium Café and also the Café 'n' Chat which sell hot and cold food with both cafes offering indoor and outdoor seating areas. The Churchill Shop at Shrivenham sells a variety of packaged foods and bottled drinks and can be found near the Mess accommodation, close to the main gate.
To find out more about the CSA at both campuses, please visit the CSA website.

Enquiries office

We can help with questions about: 

  • The courses we offer
  • Funding opportunities
  • How to apply
  • Open days
  • Events
  • Accommodation
  • Visas and immigration

Opening hours Monday-Thursday: 9am - 5pm

Friday: 9am-4:30pm.

T: +44 (0)1234 758008 or you can submit an enquiry at any time

Health, wellbeing and worship

Life at university brings many challenges, from meeting academic expectations to adapting to student life away from friends and family – sometimes in a foreign country – to getting to know new people and adapting to new surroundings. 
In these circumstances, it’s important to look after your health and wellbeing, in all its forms. Take a look at the Health, wellbeing and worship page for additional information and support on:

  • Health
  • Counselling services
  • Disability and learning
  • Worship

Medical services

If you are from a European Economic Area (EEA) country, you should obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for you and your family before you travel to the UK, to ensure you are able to use NHS medical services. 
International (non-EEA) students, your spouse and your children, are eligible for some NHS treatments, providing that your course is for six months or more.

Having medical insurance can offer peace of mind. You may also wish to consider private medical insurance before you travel. Visit the NHS website for further advice for internationals. 

Student advice centre
Our experienced student advisors