At the Cranfield campus there are a wide range of accommodation options, from halls of residence to shared houses, apartments for couples and houses for families, all managed in accordance with the Universities UK/GuildHE Code of Practice for University Managed Student Accommodation.
How to apply for accommodation
Once you have been offered a place on one of our full-time courses based at the Cranfield campus, you will be eligible to apply for accommodation.
With your course offer, you will be sent a login and password for the student web portal (EVE) where you can apply for your preferred accommodation online.
Due to the popular demand for on-campus accommodation, we strongly recommend that you make your application as soon as you receive your EVE login information in order to secure the accommodation you desire
We are now accepting applications for the 2019-20 academic year.
At Cranfield we offer accommodation on a first come first serve basis. Applications are prioritised as follows:
- Special consideration for medical reasons*
- New students
- Current students.
* If you feel your application requires special consideration due to a medical condition, you must make us aware at the time you apply for accommodation. We will ask you to supply a current medical letter from your doctor which explains why your application for on-campus accommodation should be prioritised.
When can I apply for accommodation?
- If you are accepted for a full-time course for the 2019-20 academic year you will be able to apply for accommodation from 11 February 2019 using the EVE portal.
- Due to the popular demand for on-campus accommodation, we strongly recommend that you make your application as soon as you receive your EVE login information (ideally prior to May) in order to secure the accommodation you desire.
When can I move into the campus accommodation?
Your accommodation will become available to you one day before your registration date. We would advise that you do not arrive any earlier as you will need to find alternative accommodation until the keys are available.
Is there affordable off-site housing nearby?
- It can be cheaper to share private rental houses in surrounding villages with other students. Cranfield village is just 1.5 miles from the University. Milton Keynes and Bedford are also within easy reach, accessible by the local bus and taxi services. For more information, see our Off-Campus Accommodation page.
- Visit Cranfield StudentPad, the official Cranfield University student accommodation search engine, specifically aimed at helping you find off-campus accommodation.