Cranfield's proven process for managing key accounts profitably. We have taken the lead in Europe for key account management research. Read more Read less
For the past twenty years, Cranfield has pioneered the development of the discipline in Key Account Management (KAM). We are confident that no other programme provider in Europe knows more to help you leverage key account relationships for longer term profits.
Our KAM Best Practice programme is based on processes and tools developed by many world leading businesses with supply chain at the heart of their delivery model and who are members of Cranfield’s KAM Best Practice Research Club.
Before these processes and tools are accepted into our programme curriculum we test and fine tune them, a process that can take years. The results are worthwhile. You will gain powerful insights that, once applied, will improve your key account profitability.
This flagship programme shows you how to adopt a practical approach to planning, analysing and implementing a closer relationship with your strategic accounts. Delivering our most recently developed insights, you will comprehensively explore and analyse your strategic customers to:
- Identify and prioritise key accounts to measure their profitability.
- Develop customer-focused strategies.
- Create powerful value propositions that deepen customer relationships.
At a glance
- 30 Sep - 02 Oct 2020
- 10 - 12 Mar 2021
- 13 - 15 Oct 2021
- Duration3 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
Cost£4,250 + VAT
What you will learn
You will gain:
Joining an experienced group of fellow KAM practitioners, you will gain:
- State of art knowledge and tools for creating an effective key account management process.
- Strategic understanding on how to focus your time and attention appropriately in the development of key accounts.
- Improved collaboration skills with key customers.
Your organisation will gain:
- Capability to deliver more profitable key account management for every strategic customer.
- Alignment of key account management processes with business strategy.
- A more knowledgeable and effective key account team.
- An improved understanding of your customers and better long-term relationships.
- An immediate business impact through the creation of a strategic plan for your most valuable customer (chosen by you).
This is a three-day residential programme taking place at Cranfield School of Management.
Taught by a faculty with extensive experience in business, you will benefit from the creative practices of your industry peer cohort working in a range of sectors.
The pragmatic design of the programme curriculum walks you through the creation of a three year key account plan for your chosen customer. The goal is to create a plan ready for immediate implementation to share with confidence to colleagues prior to launch.
During the programme you will:
- Develop and apply a strategic key account plan for a specific customer.
- Benefit from peer group input, challenges and support.
- Gain a rare opportunity to network and exchange best practice with industry peers and subject experts.
- Be exposed to the latest thinking in key account management.
- World-class key account management (KAM).
- Managing the key account portfolio.
- Introduction to Cranfield Knowledge Interchange information facilities.
- Key account analysis
- Briefing for evening work.
- KAM plan surgery.
- Developing KAM strategies.
- Relationship mapping.
- Selling through effective KAM teams.
- Breakthrough value propositions.
- Conflict management.
- The internal sell.
Who should attend
Experienced Sales and Key Account Executives who wish to broaden and update their skills and knowledge in order to manage key relationships appropriately and profitably.
- Senior Sales Directors and Managers.
- Key Account Directors and Managers.
- Business Development Directors and Managers.
- Commercial Directors and Managers.
Concessions25% discount (Tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre