Contact Dr Sue Holt
- Email: email@example.com
Sue Holt has been involved in lecturing, research and consultancy in a number of key areas of marketing for over 20 years. Her main interests lie in the fields of global and key account management and strategic sales. Prior to working with Cranfield, Sue pursued a wide ranging management career in both the public and private sectors, including working for the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street and for the Speaker in the House of Commons. This was followed by a number of years in marketing management gaining practical expertise in marketing research, strategic and marketing planning and business-to-business marketing. As Sales and Marketing Director for a major printing company, she was instrumental in developing strategic marketing planning within the organisation and introduced Key Account Management as an approach to successfully managing major customers.
Having gained a distinction for her MBA, Sue then completed a PhD in Global
Account Management under the supervision of Professor Malcolm McDonald at
Sue has published academic and practitioner articles on key
account management and creating customer value and is currently the Director of
Cranfield’s flagship Open Programme on Key Account Management. Sue is also a
Visiting Professor at IESEG School of Management in France and runs the KAM
Electives there. Sue lectures, programme directs and does consultancy for many
customised client programmes, as well as a Co-Director of the Key Account Management Forum.
Sue has also co-authored a seminal book on ‘Implementing Key Account Management’ which was published by Kogan Page in 2018.
- Addleshaw Goddard
- Cisco Systems
- Dr Reddys
- EMCOR UK
- Fujifilm Medical Systems
- Gowlings WLG
- Jaguar Landrover
- Money Advice Service
- National Audit Office
- Post Office
- Rolls Royce
- SMC Pneumatics
- The Economist
- Unicredit Bank
Articles In Journals
- Davies I, Ryals L & Holt S (2010) Relationship Management: a sales role, or a state of mind? An investigation of functions and attitudes across a business-to-business sales force, Industrial Marketing Management, 39 (7) 1049-1062.
- Ryals L & Holt S (2007) Creating and capturing value in KAM relationships, Journal of Strategic Marketing, 15 (5) 403-420.
- Baker S & Holt S (2004) Making marketers accountable: a failure of marketing education?, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 22 (5) 557-567.
- Payne AFT, Holt S & Frow P (2001) Relationship value management: exploring the integration of employee, customer and shareholder value and enterprise performance models, Journal of Marketing Management, 17 (7-8) 785-817.
- McDonald M & Holt S (2001) A boundary role theory perspective of the global account manager, 3 (4).
- Payne AFT & Holt S (2001) Diagnosing Customer Value: Integrating the Value Process and Relationship Marketing, British Journal of Management, 12 (2) 159-182.
- Payne A, Holt S & Frow P (2000) Integrating Employee, Customer and Shareholder Value through an Enterprise Performance Model: An Opportunity for Financial Services, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 18 (6) 258-273.
- Baker S & Holt S (2001) Making marketers accountable: has marketing education failed?. In: EMAC 2001 Conference, Norway.
- McDonald M & Holt S (2001) Global Relationship Management: the Next Challenge for Global Business. In: World Marketing Congress, Cardiff.
- McDonald M & Holt S (2000) Managing Global Networks: The Role of the Global Account Manager. In: 16th IMP Conference.
- Payne A & Holt S (1998) Diagnosing Customer Value: A Review of 'Value' and a Framework for Relationship Value Management. In: 6th International Colloquium on Relationship Marketing, Auckland.
- Marcos J, Davies M, Guesalaga R, Holt S, (2018) Implementing key account management: Designing customer centric processes for mutual growth. London: Kogan Page.
- Marcos J, Davies M, Guesalaga R & Holt S (2018) Implementing Key Account Management: Designing Customer-Centric Processes for Mutual Growth. Kogan Page, ed. 1.
- Payne A & Holt S (1998) Relationship marketing. In: Icon critical dictionary of global economics. Beynon R (ed.), Duxford: Icon.