Contact Dr Sue Holt
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Holt has been involved in lecturing, research and consultancy in a number of key areas of marketing for over 20 years. Her main interests lie in the fields of global and key account management and strategic sales. Prior to working with Cranfield, Sue pursued a wide ranging management career in both the public and private sectors, including working for the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street and for the Speaker in the House of Commons. This was followed by a number of years in marketing management gaining practical expertise in marketing research, strategic and marketing planning and business-to-business marketing. As Sales and Marketing Director for a major printing company, she was instrumental in developing strategic marketing planning within the organisation and introduced Key Account Management as an approach to successfully managing major customers.
Having gained a distinction for her MBA, Sue then completed a PhD in Global Account Management under the supervision of Professor Malcolm McDonald at Cranfield. Sue has also published academic and practitioner articles on key account management and creating customer value and is currently the Director of Cranfield’s flagship Open Programme on Key Account Management. Sue is also a Visiting Professor at IESEG School of Management in France and runs the KAM Electives there. Sue lectures, programme directs and does consultancy for many customised client programmes. These have included EMCOR UK, Addleshaw Goddard, Cisco Systems, Dr Reddys, Merck, Unicredit Bank, Rolls-Royce, AVIC, Oracle, Jaguar Landrover, Tchibo, IMI, Fujifilm Medical Systems, AVIVA, Santander, Vodafone, UKTI, National Audit Office, Money Advice Service, Sidel, Virbac, The Economist, Post Office, Gowlings WLG, BSI, SMC Pneumatics and BMT. Most recently Sue has co-authored a seminal book on ‘Implementing Key Account Management’ which was published by Kogan Page in 2018.
Articles In Journals
- Davies I, Ryals L & Holt S (2010) Relationship Management: a sales role, or a state of mind? An investigation of functions and attitudes across a business-to-business sales force, Industrial Marketing Management, 39 (7) 1049-1062.
- Ryals L & Holt S (2007) Creating and capturing value in KAM relationships, Journal of Strategic Marketing, 15 (5) 403-420.
- Baker S & Holt S (2004) Making marketers accountable: a failure of marketing education?, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 22 (5) 557-567.
- Payne AFT, Holt S & Frow P (2001) Relationship value management: exploring the integration of employee, customer and shareholder value and enterprise performance models, Journal of Marketing Management, 17 (7-8) 785-817.
- McDonald M & Holt S (2001) A boundary role theory perspective of the global account manager, 3 (4).
- Payne AFT & Holt S (2001) Diagnosing Customer Value: Integrating the Value Process and Relationship Marketing, British Journal of Management, 12 (2) 159-182.
- Payne A, Holt S & Frow P (2000) Integrating Employee, Customer and Shareholder Value through an Enterprise Performance Model: An Opportunity for Financial Services, International Journal of Bank Marketing, 18 (6) 258-273.
- Baker S & Holt S (2001) Making marketers accountable: has marketing education failed?. In: EMAC 2001 Conference, Norway.
- McDonald M & Holt S (2001) Global Relationship Management: the Next Challenge for Global Business. In: World Marketing Congress, Cardiff.
- McDonald M & Holt S (2000) Managing Global Networks: The Role of the Global Account Manager. In: 16th IMP Conference.
- Payne A & Holt S (1998) Diagnosing Customer Value: A Review of 'Value' and a Framework for Relationship Value Management. In: 6th International Colloquium on Relationship Marketing, Auckland.
- Marcos J, Davies M, Guesalaga R, Holt S, (2018) Implementing key account management: Designing customer centric processes for mutual growth. London: Kogan Page.
- Marcos J, Davies M, Guesalaga R & Holt S (2018) Implementing Key Account Management: Designing Customer-Centric Processes for Mutual Growth. Kogan Page, ed. 1.
- Payne A & Holt S (1998) Relationship marketing. In: Icon critical dictionary of global economics. Beynon R (ed.), Duxford: Icon.