Leverage your unique life experience to inform your leadership style
Who is this for
Executives, directors and senior managers who:
- are facing challenges or blind spots that are holding them back.
- want to achieve a healthier work life balance.
- feel they are at a crossroads within their career.
- need to become better at influencing, nurturing and working with others.
What you will get
Create a more genuine, open and sensitive style of leadership and understand how your behaviour impacts on those around you. Exploring deep-seated attitudes and beliefs will give you insight on how to build on your strengths, shift unhelpful attitudes and create more choice in how you behave. Develop the ability to empathise more strongly with others and understand why they behave as they do. Increased levels of emotional intelligence, focus and direction enhances your ability to develop and support others and manage yourself and your team under pressure.
“It was a revelation in many ways, we as a group went through some very interesting experiences, some of which I think will be quite life-changing and will stay for quite some time, if not forever. It was incredible, very powerful.”
Penrose Tackie, Group Marketing Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
“We were treated as individuals, but we also learnt a huge amount from listening to other people’s stories and identifying traits personal to ourselves in others. I wasn’t expecting that experience of learning so much from hearing from other people.”
Fiona Christiansen, Chief Financial Officer, UK Financial Institution
At a glance
- 07 Nov 2022
- 24 Apr 2023
- 06 Nov 2023
- Duration5 + 2 days residential
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£9,250 + VAT Concessions available
This transformational programme takes you on an intense journey of personal development and self‐awareness, creating an experience that will have a lasting impact on how you communicate and lead.
After the first five-day residential module, participants have 8-10 weeks to apply their learnings in the workplace, before returning for a two-day follow up. Due to the intense nature of the programme, we limit the number of delegates to allow for ample personal attention in a safe, intimate environment.
Concepts covered within the programme include:
- Developing and sustaining effective work relationships,
- Managing organisational change and transition,
- Building empathy and greater sensitivity towards others,
- Managing conflict and stress,
- Balancing work and home life,
- Finding a new career direction.
What you will experience
This programme will teach you how to use your own unique story and life experience to inspire your leadership style. Understanding how your life story imprints on how you behave helps you to realise how you come across to others and why.
The use of depth psychology, group participation, feedback and individual development time will enable you to create a lasting impact both in and outside your workplace.
The use of roleplay on live issues brought to the programme by participants ensures individuals all get time in the spotlight to work on personal concerns, receiving and giving feedback to each other.
Unique and practical programme features
- Cranfield was the first business school to engage psychotherapists within executive development. The use of psychotherapy and other disciplines such as storytelling, sport and theatre, brings a radical and innovative edge to business leadership, while still grounded in research.
- A truly holistic and mindful approach, engaging leaders on another level, incorporating elements to challenge and work with the whole person.
- Strong peer-to-peer learning, the deep connections created during this programme often lead to an ongoing professional peer group that meets annually, beyond their time at Cranfield.
- Cranfield renowned faculty – drawing on their research, thought leadership and global perspective on key issues to equip you with powerful insights.
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|November 2022||April 2023||November 2023|
|Module 1||7-11 November 2022||24-28 April 2023||6-10 November 2023|
|Module 2||20-21 April 2022||2-3 November 2023||TBC|
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation options and prices
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University