Building practical capabilities to lead your organisation towards sustainability.
Innovative. Practical. Impactful.
Sustainability is a complex and multidimensional issue. Individuals and organisations require a deeper knowledge of how to make progress within the economic, social, and political dynamics that impact sustainability initiatives, if they’re to realise their future aspirations and competitive advantage.
The Leading Sustainability programme is designed to equip you with the foundations to lead with impact, accelerating positive change within your organisation and with business partners. You will redefine your understanding of sustainability, deepen your capabilities to address this, and learn how to engage others to join the journey towards a brighter and sustainable future.
Lead with Impact
Help you to gain a comprehensive understanding of where sustainability is an opportunity or threat for your organisation, and to develop a dynamic action plan that will inspire and mobilise the transformation required.
Establish a strong working knowledge of sustainability-related topics that allows you to influence effectively and lead well-informed change across your organisation.
Leadership and Management
Improve your leadership and management capabilities, with practical tools and frameworks enabling you to operate effectively in the complex landscape of sustainability, engaging key stakeholders with authority.
Programme information – Face-to-face
- 12 - 14 Feb 2024
- Duration3 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£4,750 + VAT Concessions available
Who is this for?
This programme will benefit any professional interested in driving sustainability within their organisation, regardless of their industry, size or role. This programme is aimed at, but not limited to, professionals who:
- Want their organisation to play a positive role in facing current and future social and environmental challenges.
- Are increasingly looking to meet, and help others meet, the social and environmental challenges for improved competitive advantage and opportunities.
- Are working closely with external or internal stakeholders to meet rising standards of social or environmental performance or of governance.
- Want their organisation to be resilient to external disruption that is ever increasing.
- Need to develop their leadership and management skills to address social and environmental challenges e.g. to enhance collaboration within and between organisations, or to build commitment from diverse stakeholders.
Leading your organisation's sustainability strategy.
Learn to lead your organisation's sustainability efforts and make a lasting impact on the future. Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to implement sustainable practices, reduce environmental impact, and create a more socially responsible organisation. Become a leader in sustainability, who inspires others to follow.
- Develop greater knowledge of sustainability as it applies to your organisation and stakeholders.
- Gain practical skills to tackle complex sustainability challenges which are affecting organisations today.
- Identify and practice a series of proven techniques allowing sustainability challenges to be understood, prioritised, built into strategy, and acted upon effectively.
- Gain a suite of management tools and skills to effectively inspire and influence change across all aspects of your operations and beyond.
For your organisation:
- Enhanced knowledge of the social and environmental issues which today need to be reconciled with financial performance.
- Professional skills in:
- Taking the lead in addressing social and environmental issues within your organisation
- Approaching sustainability as both risk and opportunity for competitive advantage and growth.
- Mobilising solutions to these complex, sustainability challenges.
- Greater value delivered to your team, your organisation, and society.
What you'll learn
Empowering the leaders of tomorrow to change your organisation’s future.
Leading Sustainability is a three-day programme that gives you the foundations and broader capability to make real change, leading the organisation towards sustainability.
During the programme you will:
- Transform your knowledge and awareness of sustainability.
- Develop and practise skills needed for sustainability leadership.
- Deepen your capabilities to collaborate with stakeholders and understand their needs, individually and organisationally.
- Accelerate your skills to identify sources of financial and non-financial value.
- Learn how to integrate financial strategies with sustainability.
- Enhance your innovation in products, services, and business models.
- Gain a deep understanding of three key sustainability themes – net zero, circular economy, inclusion & diversity.
- Gain the confidence to embed your learnings back in your organisation with a unique action plan.
What you'll experience
A virtual journey in time
Travel forward to 2050 then return to plan actions in the present day, working with colleagues from multiple sectors of the economy.
Put your organisation into the context of the wider systems of the economy and your sector.
Who are the stakeholders, what are their needs, with whom might you need to collaborate?
Analysis of multiple sustainability challenges
Explore these challenges as they may affect your organisation – which are most important, where are the greatest opportunities?
Practical problem solving
Develop innovative ideas which will transform social and environmental outcomes.
Unique and practical programme features
- Cranfield’s world-class subject matter expertise – drawing on their research and leading capabilities both in organisational management, and in the scientific and engineering disciplines associated with sustainability.
- Learn from our faculty, many of whom are experienced business leaders, passionate about the sustainability challenge.
- Experience Cranfield’s unique virtual experience – the Sustainable Futures Game, that empowers, inspires, challenges and educates individuals.
- Peer-to-peer learning.
- Highly interactive experience, that allows delegates to participate in practical exercises to embed learning and ideas, to take back to their organisations.
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation and Location
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University