Contact Dr Rosina Watson
Prior to starting her PhD, Rosina spent 3 years as Head of Corporate Sustainability at Home Retail Group (Argos and Homebase). She has 15 years experience in finance, M&A, strategy and commercial roles in Shell, ITV, Carphone Warehouse and Home Retail Group.
She holds a PhD from Cranfield School of Management, where her thesis investigated how companies can effectively engage their stakeholders in their sustainability-oriented innovations.
She has a first class degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University.
Rosina is Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at Cranfield School of Management. Her research centres on sustainable innovation, both in large corporate organizations and by entrepreneurs. She has a particular interest in how partnerships and collaboration can enhance sustainable innovation. She leads the Leading Corporate Sustainability module taught to students on the Masters in Management and Masters in Managements and Corporate Sustainability courses.
During 2016 she was research fellow on an EU funded project investigating the role of individual users and entrepreneurs in sustainable transitions (EU-InnovatE). She led research which crowdsourced ideas for sustainable entrepreneurship policy by means of an online conference called the Sustainability Innovation Exchange (hosted by international research company GlobeScan). The findings from this research can be found in this report to the EU Commission: https://dspace.lib.cranfield.ac.uk/handle/1826/11862
Articles In Journals
- Bontoux L, Sweeney JA, Rosa AB, Bauer A, Bengtsson D, Bock A-K, Caspar B, Charter M, Christophilopoulos E, Kupper F, Macharis C, Matti C, Matrisciano M, Schuijer J, Szczepanikova A, van Criekinge T & Watson R (2020) A game for all seasons: lessons and learnings from the JRC’s scenario exploration system, World Future Review, 12 (1) 81-103.
- Watson R, Wilson HN, Smart P & Macdonald E (2018) Harnessing difference: a capability-based framework for stakeholder engagement in environmental innovation, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35 (2) 254-279.
- Watson R, Wilson HN & Macdonald EK (2018) Business-nonprofit engagement in sustainability-oriented innovation: What works for whom and why?, Journal of Business Research, Early online.
- Watson RJ, Roed Nielsen K, Mera C, Wilson HN, Macdonald EK, Reisch L & Hemel S (2017) Policy for sustainable entrepreneurship: A crowdsourced framework. In: BAM 2017, Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, 5-7 September 2018.
- Watson RJ, Wilson HN, Smart P & Macdonald EK (2015) Harnessing difference: A capability-based framework for engaging stakeholders in sustainability innovation. In: 22nd International Product Development Management Conference, 2015, Copenhagen, 14-16 June 2015.
- Watson R, Wilson H, Macdonald E & Smart P (2015) Engaging stakeholders in innovation for environmental sustainability: A capability-based framework. In: 75th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2015, Vancouver, British Columbia, 7-11 August 2015.
- Watson RJ, Wilson HN, Smart P & Macdonald EK Engaging stakeholders in innovation for environmental sustainability: a capability-based framework. In: Academy of Management Annual Conference, 2015**, Vancouver, British Columbia (75th), 7-11 August 2015.