Contact Dr Rosina Watson
Prior to joining Cranfield, Rosina spent 3 years as Head of Corporate Sustainability at Home Retail Group (Argos and Homebase), following 15 years prior experience in finance, M&A, strategy and commercial roles in Shell, ITV, Carphone Warehouse and Home Retail Group. She holds a PhD from Cranfield School of Management, and a first-class degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University.
Rosina is Associate Professor of Sustainability at Cranfield School of Management, and Head of the School’s Sustainable Business Group. Her research centres on sustainable innovation, both in large corporate organizations and by entrepreneurs, with a focus on how partnerships and collaboration can enhance sustainable innovation. She directs a specialist Sustainability MSc (available as a master’s level apprenticeship) as well as leading teaching on sustainability on general management courses, including the MBA and Executive MBA.
Articles In Journals
- Watson R, Nielsen KR, Wilson HN, Macdonald EK, Mera C & Reisch L (2023) Policy for sustainable entrepreneurship: a crowdsourced framework, Journal of Cleaner Production, 383 (January) Article No. 135234.
- Bontoux L, Sweeney JA, Rosa AB, Bauer A, Bengtsson D, Bock A-K, Caspar B, Charter M, Christophilopoulos E, Kupper F, Macharis C, Matti C, Matrisciano M, Schuijer J, Szczepanikova A, van Criekinge T & Watson R (2020) A game for all seasons: lessons and learnings from the JRC’s scenario exploration system, World Future Review, 12 (1) 81-103.
- Watson R, Wilson HN & Macdonald EK (2018) Business-nonprofit engagement in sustainability-oriented innovation: What works for whom and why?, Journal of Business Research, 119 (October) 87-98.
- Watson R, Wilson HN, Smart P & Macdonald E (2018) Harnessing difference: a capability-based framework for stakeholder engagement in environmental innovation, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35 (2) 254-279.
- Mera CE, Wilson HN, Adams RJ, Watson R, Macdonald E & ielsen KR (2020) Sustainable entrepreneurship as a community of practice (Forthcoming). In: British Academy of Management Conference**: BAM2020 Conference In The Cloud, Online, 2-4 September 2020.
- Watson R, Wilson H, Macdonald E & Smart P (2015) Engaging stakeholders in innovation for environmental sustainability: A capability-based framework. In: 75th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2015, Vancouver, British Columbia, 7-11 August 2015.