Contact Dr Rosina Watson
Prior to starting her PhD, Rosina spent 3 years as Head of Corporate Sustainability at Home Retail Group (Argos and Homebase). She has 15 years experience in finance, M&A, strategy and commercial roles in Shell, ITV, Carphone Warehouse and Home Retail Group.
She holds a PhD from Cranfield School of Management, where her thesis investigated how companies can effectively engage their stakeholders in their sustainability-oriented innovations.
She has a first class degree in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University.
Rosina is Senior Lecturer in Sustainability at Cranfield School of Management. Her research centres on sustainable innovation, both in large corporate organizations and by entrepreneurs. She has a particular interest in how partnerships and collaboration can enhance sustainable innovation. She leads the Leading Corporate Sustainability module taught to students on the Masters in Management and Masters in Managements and Corporate Sustainability courses.
During 2016 she was research fellow on an EU funded project investigating the role of individual users and entrepreneurs in sustainable transitions (EU-InnovatE). She led research which crowdsourced ideas for sustainable entrepreneurship policy by means of an online conference called the Sustainability Innovation Exchange (hosted by international research company GlobeScan). The findings from this research can be found in this report to the EU Commission: https://dspace.lib.cranfield.ac.uk/handle/1826/11862
Articles In Journals
- Bontoux L, Sweeney JA, Rosa AB, Bauer A, Bengtsson D, Bock A-K, Caspar B, Charter M, Christophilopoulos E, Kupper F, Macharis C, Matti C, Matrisciano M, Schuijer J, Szczepanikova A, van Criekinge T & Watson R (2020) A game for all seasons: lessons and learnings from the JRC’s scenario exploration system, World Future Review, 12 (1) 81-103.
- Watson R, Wilson HN & Macdonald EK (2018) Business-nonprofit engagement in sustainability-oriented innovation: What works for whom and why?, Journal of Business Research, 119 (October) 87-98.
- Watson R, Wilson HN, Smart P & Macdonald E (2018) Harnessing difference: a capability-based framework for stakeholder engagement in environmental innovation, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 35 (2) 254-279.
- Mera CE, Wilson HN, Adams RJ, Watson R, Macdonald E & ielsen KR (2020) Sustainable entrepreneurship as a community of practice (Forthcoming). In: British Academy of Management Conference: BAM2020 Conference In The Cloud, Virtual, 2-4 September 2020.
- Watson R, Wilson H, Macdonald E & Smart P (2015) Engaging stakeholders in innovation for environmental sustainability: A capability-based framework. In: 75th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, 2015, Vancouver, British Columbia, 7-11 August 2015.