NEW for 2019. Break through to director level leadership.
This programme is designed to prepare senior managers moving into director level roles, building exceptional levels of strategic, high performance and self-aware leadership skills. You will transform from being a senior manager into an insightful and impactful leader in a director level role.
At a glance
- 20 Apr 2020
- 14 Sep 2020
- Duration8-10 hours virtual learning + 5 days residential + 5 days residential + review sessions after 6 and 12 months
- LocationCranfield Campus and Virtual Learning
Cost£17,560 + VAT
The programme modules run on the following dates:
|April 2020||September 2020|
||Opens 20 April 2020||Opens 14 September 2020|
|Module 2||18-22 May 2020||12-16 October 2020|
|Module 3||15-19 June 2020||16-20 November 2020|
|Review 1||18 September 2020||February/March 2021 tbc|
|Virtual Review||16 April 2021||September 2021 tbc|
What you will learn
You will leave the programme with:
- Deep insights that challenge your assumptions in taking up a director role, through working with programme peers, coaches, faculty and external speakers.
- Actionable knowledge through focusing on thinking, self-insight and implementable actions. ‘Leadership is a journey, not a destination.’
The content is centred on sessions and experiences that deliver an immersive learning and growth experience over three modules. This is combined with inter modular application, peer-to-peer coaching and formal coaching support whilst working on plans for your business area.
The programme incorporates content including:
- External perspectives and global trends.Corporate and competitive strategy.
- Strategy formation capabilities.
- Operational and people strategy.
- Innovation and change.
Leadership and personal effectiveness
- Leadership at director level.
- Deep insights into self and others.
- Develop a growth mind-set.
- Social capital.
- Personal impact and influence.
In order to further enhance your personal effectiveness as a director this programme incorporates psychometric assessments to determine and maximise your leadership impact.
Throughout your Cranfield experience you will benefit from executive coaching which is focused on your growth as a leader and integrated into the programme structure including a face to face review after six months of starting the programme and a virtual review after 12 months.
The programme is split into three modules, the first is delivered via our virtual learning environment which should take approximately 8 hours to complete. This is followed by two Cranfield residential modules which are 5 days each. You will benefit from coaching sessions following each module, plus a face to face review at six months and a virtual review at 12 months.
Benefits for your organisation:
- Enhanced strategy formulation and implementation capability.
- Benefitting from leaders who are successful in balancing the long term perspective while delivering short term value.
- Leaders who understand and bring in the big picture, external perspectives and trends for the benefit of the business
- Greater innovation and organisational change capability
- Benefitting from leaders who are connected in the truest sense to self, colleagues, market, industry and the organisation.
Who should attend
Senior managers in private, public and not-for-profit sectors who have been appointed recently, or are about to transition into, a wider, more strategic director role, who need to learn how to create value for the organisation and self at director level.
"So many positives have come from my time at Cranfield that have allowed me to stay out of the operational detail and really focus on the five year strategy."
Jon Anderson, Director - South Africa, ALE
"The Cranfield Advanced Development Programme has been one of the best development experiences of my career to date."
Emma Marsh, Regional Director - Midlands, RSPB
“The best learning and development experience in my professional career.”
Andrew Wilkinson, Managing Director, Sodexo Property Solutions
Read more about past participants' experience of the former Cranfield Advanced Development Programme.
Accommodation options and prices
Fees include tuition, course materials and full board accommodation for the duration of the programme.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University