The module develops an understanding of the importance of taking a risk-based approach to Cyber Security and Information Assurance.
For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module, security clearance may be required.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
£1,800 - Accredited Short Course fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module a student should be able to:
- critically appraise a range of approaches for assessing risk in the complex cyber environment,
- evaluate the factors that influence effective risk management in organisations.
- critically assess the level of risk faced by an organisation.
Mapping the Landscape:
- definitions and terminology,
- history of hacking,
- threat landscape.
Cyber Security Risk Management in Practice
- basic principles,
- legislation and standards,
- risk management approaches,
- strategies for managing risk.
- quantifying risk in a complex environment,
- risk economics,
- social dimension of risk,
- risk communication.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as an Accredited Short Course.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.