For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module,security clearance may be required.
The module develops an understanding of the importance of taking a risk-based approach to Cyber Security and Information Assurance.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
£1,350 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- critically appraise a range of approaches for assessing risk in the complex cyber environment,
- evaluate the factors that influence effective risk management in organisations.
- critically assess the level of risk faced by an organisation.
Mapping the Landscape:
- definitions and terminology,
- history of hacking,
- threat landscape.
Cyber Security Risk Management in Practice
- basic principles,
- legislation and standards,
- risk management approaches,
- strategies for managing risk.
- quantifying risk in a complex environment,
- risk economics,
- social dimension of risk,
- risk communication.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.