For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module, security clearance may be required.
This module aims to develop an understanding of the wider context of cyber within an organisation. It will provide a contextual link between the management and governance of an organisation and the organisation’s cyber requirements, and will examine the operational aspects of cyber, information assurance and security.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit feeConcessions available
What you will learn
- analyse the key components of an organisational strategy from relevant business management theories,
- critically assess current research on cyber strategy,
- compare and contrast different frameworks for cyber management systems from those presented.
- interpret an organisational strategy in order to develop a cyber strategy,
- justify selecting a management system for a given organisation,
- develop cyber security and management requirements in the context of acquisition.
Organisational strategy and governance
- understanding business strategy, goals and objectives,
- relationship between governance and management concepts within organisations,
- explanation of the management system concept.
Cyber strategy and governance
- developing cyber strategy to meet strategic information assurance requirements,
- introduction to enterprise and process architecture; definition and role in the organisation,
- trust and assurance,
- range of requirements (people, process, IT systems, IT products),
- legal requirements,
- measuring IS and IA performance (metrics, KPIs).
Security policies and processes
- developing policies and procedures,
- implementing policies and procedures ,
- security standards including, for example, the ISO 27000 series.
- security in statement of requirements,service level agreements).
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course For Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Cyber Defence and Information Assurance MSc, Cyberspace Operations MSc or Defence and Security (Technology) MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
- Dr Nikki Williams
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.