Stringfellow Hall is a very popular hall of residence offering 250 single, en suite bedrooms. It is conveniently located just a short walk from Mitchell Hall reception and the lecture and laboratory facilities.
- Car parking spaces are located at the front and back of the buildings.
- No smoking is permitted within Stringfellow Hall.
Our accommodation is managed in accordance with Universities UK Code of Practice for University Managed Accommodation.
Fees (2023-24 academic session)
- Stringfellow Hall, en suite, self-catered room: £28.09 per day (£196.65 per week).
- Stringfellow Hall, en suite, catered room: £33 per day (£231 per week, this includes a daily meal allowance of £10.85 per day).
These rates are for 2023-24 and all rates are subject to change for 2024-25.
There are a total of 250 single bedrooms, which are on average 17.5m2 in size. Each bedroom is fully-furnished with the following:
- single bed
- bedside cabinet
- desk and desk chair
- notice board
- study lamp
- litter bin
- wireless internet facilities.
Those in self-catered accommodation will share kitchen facilities with the students who live in each flat.
The kitchens are fully equipped with the following:
- fridge freezer
- toaster and kettle
- crockery, cooking and eating utensils.
All rooms in Stringfellow Hall have a private bathroom which includes:
- a toilet and hand basin
- and mirror.
Heating and electricity
The heating is usually on from October to April.
Living in Stringfellow Hall has been a good experience. The rooms and kitchen are in very good condition, and the attention provided by the accommodation staff is excellent. We usually threw dinner parties at least once a week.Xavier Lebrija, Renewable Energy MSc 2018