Lanchester Hall is a sociable and slightly larger hall of residence offering 214 en suite rooms and 170 standard rooms with shared bathroom facilities. This hall is budget-friendly and great for students who want to take their pick from a selection of different sized rooms.
- The reception is open from Monday to Saturday. The sports hall and tennis courts are also located nearby and car parking is available in one of several car parks.
- No smoking is permitted within Lanchester Hall.
Our accommodation is managed in accordance with Universities UK Code of Practice for University Managed Accommodation.
Fees (2019-20 academic session)
En suite rooms (private bathroom facilities)
- Large en suite rooms: (20-25m2) £22.88 per day (£160.16 per week)
- Premier en suite rooms: (17.5m2) £22.30 per day (£156.10 per week)
- Medium en suite rooms: (13-20m2) £20.62 per day (£144.34 per week)
Standard rooms (shared bathroom facilities)
- Small standard rooms: (up to 13m2) £14.27 per day (£99.89 per week)
- Medium standard rooms: (13-20m2) £15.74 per day (£110.18 per week)
- Large standard rooms: (20-25m2) £17.05 per day (£119.35 per week)
These rates are for 2019-20 and all rates are subject to change for 2020-21.
Each study bedroom within Lanchester Hall is fully furnished and equipped with the following:
- single bed
- bedside cabinet
- desk and desk chair
- notice board
- study lamp
- wastepaper bin
- wash basin
- internet data point and wireless facilities
Lanchester Hall is a self-catered hall of residence with kitchen facilities shared between the 4 to 8 students who live in each flat.
The kitchens are equipped with the following:
- fridge freezer
- toaster and kettle
- cooking and eating utensils
Each en suite room has a private bathroom which features:
- a shower or bath
- a wash hand basin and toilet.
The standard rooms feature shared bathroom facilities which include:
- wash basins and toilets.
Usually four to eight students share bathroom facilities in each flat.
Heating and electricity
The heating is usually on from October to April.
Take a virtual 360° tour of a standard bedroom below.