Future-proofing a sustainable, high performing supply chain.
Pioneering. Strategic. Future-focused.
Global competition, constant disruption and the emergence of Industry 5.0 are forcing organisations to rethink established business models. Now more than ever, it is crucial for supply chains to revolutionise their strategies and solutions to proactively respond to both current and future disruptions, enabling organisations to thrive.
The Leading Supply Chain Transformation programme is a pioneering and rewarding learning experience, designed to inspire supply chain professionals from all sectors to revise their operations and business practices. You’ll reevaluate your end-to-end strategy, enhance your knowledge, and apply the latest thinking to navigate the ever-changing technological advancements and digital disruptors. Successfully lead the future of your supply chain by building a resilient and efficient supply chain that is both sustainable and high performing
Lead with confidence to navigate the ongoing transformation of your supply chain. Elevate your strategic capabilities and address current challenges.
Supply chain management
Get empowered with the latest thinking, knowledge, and insights into supply chain management, from the world-renowned Cranfield Centre for Logistics & Supply Chain Management faculty members.
Enhance your thinking to leverage new technological advancements that are right for your organisation, improve efficiency and performance, personally and organisationally.
Future proof your operations by embedding your learnings with plans to build a resilient, adaptable and high performing supply chain for your organisation.
Programme information - Face-to-face
- 18 - 22 Mar 2024
- 16 - 20 Sep 2024
- Duration5 days, residential
- LocationCranfield campus
- Cost£6,250 + VAT Concessions available
Successfully transform your supply chain practices.
Explore the latest knowledge, tools, methods, strategies, and solutions to manage your supply chain in the Industry 5.0 era. Gain a clear understanding and apply current frameworks and practices to leverage new technologies thrusted upon the Supply Chain leaders. Lead your organisation’s supply chain that captures and delivers valuable solutions in the evolving landscape.
- Improve capacity to optimise and refine existing strategic approaches to establish sustainable supply chain management for your organisation.
- Expand your knowledge of Industry 5.0 and how this applies to your organisation – people, processes, sustainability, and new technologies.
- Develop a better understanding of the current, global trends from industry research and insights to confidently act upon.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the end-to-end supply chain that your organisation operates and identify areas of integration and improvements.
- Identify and create effective action plans to influence and inspire your supply chain, that galvanises operations and enhances competitive advantage.
- Acquire the latest thinking in supply chain management, strategy, planning, and execution from Cranfield’s renowned experts. These are all at the forefront of thought leadership in the field of logistics.
For your organisation:
- Improved end-to end supply chain performance to deliver value to your business,
- Stronger understanding of fundamental building blocks for effective supply chain management.
- Practical action plans to deliver immediate business impact, leveraging your supply chain for competitive advantage.
- Improved supply chain efficiency that drives superior financial performance.
- Greater capabilities to deliver an innovative supply chain culture whilst adding value to your teams, organisation and overall performance.
Who is this for?
This programme will benefit any professional who is interested in driving supply chain transformation within their organisation. You will need to have supply chain responsibilities, looking to lead, orchestrate, innovate, transform and implement change to enhance your organisations supply chain.
This programme is aimed at, but not limited to, experienced professionals who work in:
- Materials Handling
- Shipping & Packaging
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Lean Innovation
- Production development
- Warehouse management
What you will learn
Become a forward-thinking leader in supply chain management
Leading Supply Chain Transformation programme is a five-day programme that gives you a comprehensive examination of modern supply chain structures, practices, and technology, allowing you to lead your supply chain transformation confidently and effectively.
During the programme you will:
- Gain the latest thinking in supply chain management, strategy, planning, and execution from a variety of sectors.
- Explore the very latest knowledge, tools, methods, strategies, and solutions to manage your supply chain in the Industry 5.0 era.
- Deepen your supply chain leadership capabilities, honing your understanding of planning, sourcing, developing delivering and problem solving.
- Accelerate learning with our Global Supply Chain Management Simulation. An experiential learning environment with peers and faculty, allowing you to practice, rehearse and embed the knowledge gained.
- Reflect on your learnings by creating tangible, unique action plans, ready for sharing with confidence with your teams and organisation.
- Experience diverse ideas and issues from other participants from different industries and nationalities.
What you'll experience
Pre-programme – first steps in your transformation journey
An optional module for all participants that provides a strong foundational understanding of essential concepts and strategies in the supply chain domain.
Explore five key areas: Strategy, Procurement, Warehouse Management, Logistics, and Supply Chain Network (Re)Design. In each area, bridge theory with real-life impact, enhancing your understanding. Engage in activities applying your experiences to the knowledge presented, leaving you enriched with practical insights for real-world success.
4-6 hours of flexible online learning, offering bite-sized knowledge, to be accessed wherever you choose, at your own pace.
Day one – Supply Chain Strategy
Recognise your Supply Chain Strategy trigger points and issues, identify how to overcome challenges and implement changes.
- Explore how to enhance your agility and durability through a supply chain strategy.
- Discover the significance of fostering innovation within a collaborative supply chain.
- Understand how to develop intelligent and cutting-edge supply chain capabilities to gain a competitive edge.
- Discover effective strategies to overcome challenges of Supply Chain Implementation in the real world.
Day two – End-to-End Supply Chain
Draw on Cranfield expertise and be part of an innovation hub for addressing current supply chain challenges.
- Understanding the importance of aligning your supply and demand, that enhances customer satisfaction and optimises profitability.
- Review the significance of strategic procurement and the current challenges.
- Revolutionise your supply chain management by harnessing the power of outsourcing logistics.
- Discover the benefits of leveraging 3rd and 4th party service providers to enhance your operational performance.
- Explore the exciting future of supply chain with peers and faculty, looking at opportunities, challenges and solutions.
Day three – Sustainable Supply Chain
Determine suitable strategic sustainable supply chain approaches for your organisation and prepare for upcoming warehousing trends.
- Gain the foundations to understanding your supply chain associated with cost, time, resources and locations through supply chain network design.
- Enhancing your capabilities to ensure you have an up-to-date understanding of your network of suppliers to mitigate risk, improve effectiveness and perform due diligence.
- Look at the future of warehousing and determine whether your capabilities are fit for purpose. Explore possible opportunities for a sustainable supply chain.
Day four – Performance and Profitability
Explore toolkits to increase your performance and profitability. Be better prepared for real-world challenges.
- Delve deeper into the power and importance of customer profitability, unlocking the untapped potential in the competitive marketplace.
- Discover opportunities to boost your supply chain performance through analysing performance measurement systems relevant to your organisation.
- Embed and enhance your learning with our Global Supply Chain Management Simulation.
Day five – Future of your Supply Chain
Stay updated on industry advancements and come away from the programme ready to innovate and implement change within your supply chains.
- Connect with Cranfield’s world leading faculty and industry peers to address some of your most pressing challenges, personally and organisationally.
- Explore the exciting opportunities Industry 5.0 presents and how this might affect your supply chain now and in the future.
Unique and practical programme features
- Hear from expert faculty from Cranfield’s world-renowned Centre for Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Access to expert guest speakers from industry.
- You will learn from our renowned faculty, industry experts, and published academics at the forefront of thought leadership in the field of logistics.
- Apply your learning with our Global Supply Chain Management Simulation, an experiential learning environment with peers and faculty.
- Gain 30 hours of CPD (Endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport).
20% discount (tuition fee only) for Cranfield School of Management Alumni who have attended one of our eligible leadership programmes.
Accommodation and Location
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University