Contact Dr Abhijeet Ghadge
Dr Abhijeet (Abhi) Ghadge is a Senior Lecturer in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Cranfield School of Management. Previously, Dr Ghadge worked as a Assistant Professor and Programme Director of Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK. He has over 13 years of industrial, academic and consulting experience working with a wide range of UK, European and Asian organisations.
Dr Ghadge holds a PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Loughborough University, UK, and was the recipient of CILT's prestigious 'James Cooper Memorial Cup 2014' for the best PhD thesis across UK universities for outstanding research in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Earlier, he completed a BEng in Aeronautical Engineering and an MTech in Industrial Engineering and Management from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), India.
Dr Ghadge is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK.
Dr Ghadge follows a practice-driven approach to problems across the broad domains of supply chain risk, sustainability and Industry 4.0. He has rich experience of working with multiple organisations on interdisciplinary research and industry-funded projects. His current research interests are:
- Supply chain risk and resilience
- Supply chain data analytics
- Sustainability/Circular economy
- Industry 4.0 applications in supply chain (Internet of Things, Blockchain, Additive Manufacturing)
Dr Ghadge is an ad-hoc reviewer for 15+ international journals in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. He is also an external examiner at other UK universities.
Articles In Journals
- Chaudhuri A, Gerlich H, Jayaram J, Ghadge A, Shack J, Brix B, Hoffbeck L & Ulriksen N (2020) Selecting spare parts suitable for additive manufacturing: A design science approach, Production Planning and Control, Forthcoming.
- Moradlou H, Roscoe S & Ghadge A. (2020) Buyer-supplier collaboration during emerging technology development, Production Planning and Control, In press.
- Chaudhuri A, Ghadge A, Gaudenzi B & Dani S (2020) A conceptual framework for improving effectiveness of risk management in supply networks, International Journal of Logistics Management, The.
- Ghadge A, Er Kara M, Moradlou H & Goswami M. (2020) The impact of Industry 4.0 implementation on supply chains, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, In Press.
- Ghadge A, Kidd E, Bhattacharjee A & Tiwari MK (2019) Sustainable procurement performance of large enterprises across supply chain tiers and geographic regions, International Journal of Production Research, 57 (3) 764-778.
- Ghadge A, Weiβ M, Caldwell ND & Wilding R (2019) Managing cyber risk in supply chains: a review and research agenda, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, Available online 25 July 2019 (2).
- Nassar S, Kandil T, Er-Kara M & Ghadge A. (2019) Automotive recall risk: Impact of buyer-supplier relationship on supply chain social sustainability, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Available online 4 October.
- Goswami M, Kumar G & Ghadge A (2019) An integrated Bayesian-Markovian framework for ascertaining cost of executing quality improvement programs in manufacturing industry, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 36 (7) 1229-1242.
- Mogale DG, Ghadge A, Kumar SK & Tiwari MK (2019) Modelling supply chain network for procurement of food grains in India, International Journal of Production Research, Forthcoming.
- Bag S, Ghadge A & Tiwari MK (2019) An integrated recommender system for improved accuracy and aggregate diversity, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 130 (April) 187-197.
- Ghadge A, Wurtmann H & Seuring S (2019) Managing climate change risks in global supply chains: A review and research agenda, International Journal of Production Research, Early Online (1).
- Goswami M & Ghadge A (2019) A supplier performance evaluation framework using single and bi-objective DEA efficiency modelling approach: individual and cross-efficiency perspective, International Journal of Production Research.
- Choudhary S, Nayak R, Dora M, Mishra N & Ghadge A. (2019) An integrated lean and green approach for improving sustainability performance: a case study of a packaging manufacturing SME in the U.K., Production Planning and Control, 30 (5-6) 353-368.
- Ojha R, Ghadge A, Tiwari MK & Bititci US. (2018) Bayesian network modelling for supply chain risk propagation, International Journal of Production Research, 56 (17) 5795-5819.
- Er Kara M, Oktay Fırat S & Ghadge A (2018) A data mining-based framework for supply chain risk management, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 139 (January) Article No. 105570.
- Koenig C, Caldwell N & Ghadge A (2018) Service provider boundaries in competitive markets: the case of the logistics industry, International Journal of Production Research, 57 (18) 5624-5639.
- Ghadge A, Karantoni G, Chaudhuri A & Srinivasan A. (2018) Impact of additive manufacturing on aircraft supply chain performance: A system dynamics approach, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 29 (5) 846-865.
- Ghadge A, Dani S, Ojha R & Caldwell N (2017) Using risk sharing contracts for supply chain risk mitigation: A buyer-supplier power and dependence perspective, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 103 (January) 262-270.
- Jena S, Ghadge A & Sarmah S (2017) Managing channel profit and total surplus in a closed-loop supply chain network, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 69 (9) 1345-1356.
- Ghadge A, Kaklamanou M, Choudhary S & Bourlakis M (2017) Implementing environmental practices within the Greek dairy supply chains: Drivers and barriers for SMEs, Industrial Management and Data Systems, 117 (9) 1995-2014.
- Ghadge A, Fang X, Dani S & Antony J. (2017) Supply chain risk assessment approach for process quality risks, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 34 (7) 940-954.
- Ghadge A, Yang Q, Caldwell N, König C & Tiwari M. (2016) Facility location for a closed-loop distribution network: A hybrid approach, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 44 (9) 884-902.
- Li J, Ghadge A & Tiwari M. (2016) Impact of replenishment strategies on supply chain performance under e-shopping scenario, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 102 (December) 78-87.
- Ghadge A, Dani S, Chester M & Kalawsky R. (2013) A systems approach for modelling supply chain risks, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 18 (5) 523-538.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R. (2012) Supply chain risk management: Present and future scope, International Journal of Logistics Management, The, 23 (3) 313-339.
- Moradlou H, Fratocchi L, Skipworth H & Ghadge A (2019) Is Reshoring still a viable Strategy for the UK Manufacturers?. In: European Sciences Decision Institute (EDSI) Conference - UK, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, 2-5 June 2019.
- Tewari A, Ghadge A & Bourlakis M (2019) Supply chain emergence: A reconceptualisation and evidence from practice. In: 24th International Symposium on Logistics, Würzburg, 14-17 July 2019.
- Ghadge A, Bimpizas-Pinis M & Antony J (2016) Implementing sustainability in dairy supply chains. In: 23rd EurOMA conference, Trondheim, 17-22 June 2016.
- Ghadge A, Choudhary S & Caldwell N (2016) A holistic perspective on sustainable procurement implementation. In: 21st International Symposium on Logistics, Kaohsiung, 3-6 July 2016.
- Dani S & Ghadge A (2014) Supply chain risk management: a propagation scanning methodology. In: 21st EurOMA Conference, Palermo, 20-25 June 2014.
- Pawar K, Ghadge A & Rogers H (2014) Chindia: An Exploratory Study of Multimodal Logistics. In: 19th International Symposium on Logistics, Ho Chi Minh City, 7-9 July 2014.
- Ghadge A, Fang X & Dani S (2014) A fuzzy risk assessment approach for process quality risks within supply chains. In: 19th Logistics Research Network Annual Conference, Huddersfield, 3-5 September 2014.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Piecyk M (2013) Mitigating product safety and security risks. In: 18th International Symposium on Logistics (ISL 2013), Salzburg, 7-10 July 2013.
- Dani S & Ghadge A (2012) Supply Chain Risk and Resilience: The Past Decade and Future Direction. In: 17th International Symposium on Logistics 2012, Cape Town, 8-10 July 2012.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R (2012) Risk modeling for creating economically sustainable supply chains. In: 17th Logistics Research Network annual conference (LRN 2012), Cranfield, 5-7 September 2012.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R (2011) Supply Chain Risk Management: An Analysis of Present and Future Scope. In: 16th International Symposium on Logistics, Berlin, 10-13 July 2011.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R (2011) Systems thinking for modeling risk propagation in supply networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, 6-9 December 2011.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R (2010) Systems thinking for sustainability and supply chain risks. In: 10th International Research Seminar on Supply Chain Risk Management, ISCRiM, Loughborough University, 6-7 September 2010.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R (2010) Managing risks in next generation supply chains: a systems approach. In: 15th International Symposium on Logistics, Kuala Lumpur, 4-7 July 2010.
- Ghadge A & Dani S (2010) Supply Chains Risks: A Systems Thinking Perspective. In: 10th International Research Seminar on Supply Chain Risk Management, ISCRiM, Loughborough University, 6-7 September 2010.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R. (2010) A framework for managing risks in the aerospace supply chain using systems thinking. In: 5th IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, Loughborough, UK, 22-24 July 2010.
- Ghadge A & Tiwari MK (2009) Development of quantity flexible contract model for make-to-order manufacturing environment. In: 7th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 09), Warwick, 8-10 September 2009.