Contact Dr Abhijeet Ghadge
Dr Abhijeet (Abhi) Ghadge is a Senior Lecturer
in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. He joined Cranfield School of
Management in 2018. Previously, Abhi worked as a Assistant Professor and
Programme Director of Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Heriot-Watt
University Edinburgh, UK. He has over 12+ years of industrial, academic and
consulting experience working with a wide range of UK, European and Asian
Abhi holds PhD in Operations and Supply Chain Management from Loughborough University (2013) and is the recipient of CILT's prestigious 'James Cooper Memorial Cup 2014' for best PhD thesis across the UK Universities for outstanding research in Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Earlier, he completed BEng in Aeronautical Engineering and MTech in Industrial Engineering and Management from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), India. Abhi is a Fellow of Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and Member of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK.
Dr Abhi Ghadge primarily focusses on a practice-driven approach to problems in broad domain of supply chain risk, sustainability and Industry 4.0. He has rich experience of working with multiple organisations on interdisciplinary research (e.g. EPSRC, KTP, British Academy) and industry-funded projects (e.g. BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, Alstom, TATA Group, Cadbury).
Abhi has widely published his research in the reputed international journals and conferences. He is an ad-hoc reviewer for 15+ international journals in Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Area of expertise:
- Supply chain risk and resilience
- Supply chain data analytics
- Sustainability/Circular economy
- Industry 4.0 applications in supply chains
Articles In Journals
- Ghadge A, Karantoni G, Chaudhuri A & Srinivasan A. (2018) Impact of additive manufacturing on aircraft supply chain performance: A system dynamics approach, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 29 (5) 846-865.
- Ojha R, Ghadge A, Tiwari M & Bititci U. (2018) Bayesian network modelling for supply chain risk propagation, International Journal of Production Research, Early online 1-25.
- Ghadge A, Kidd E, Bhattacharjee A & Tiwari M. (2018) Sustainable procurement performance of large enterprises across supply chain tiers and geographic regions, International Journal of Production Research, Early online 1-15.
- Ghadge A, Kaklamanou M, Choudhary S & Bourlakis M (2017) Implementing environmental practices within the Greek dairy supply chains: Drivers and barriers for SMEs, Industrial Management and Data Systems, 117 (9) 1995-2014.
- Ghadge A, Fang X, Dani S & Antony J. (2017) Supply chain risk assessment approach for process quality risks, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, 34 (7) 940-954.
- Ghadge A, Dani S, Ojha R & Caldwell N. (2017) Using risk sharing contracts for supply chain risk mitigation: A buyer-supplier power and dependence perspective, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 103 (January) 262-270.
- Jena S, Ghadge A & Sarmah S. (2017) Managing channel profit and total surplus in a closed-loop supply chain network, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Early online 1-12.
- Li J, Ghadge A & Tiwari M. (2016) Impact of replenishment strategies on supply chain performance under e-shopping scenario, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 102 (December) 78-87.
- Ghadge A, Yang Q, Caldwell N, König C & Tiwari M. (2016) Facility location for a closed-loop distribution network: A hybrid approach, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 44 (9) 884-902.
- Ghadge A, Dani S, Chester M & Kalawsky R. (2013) A systems approach for modelling supply chain risks, Supply Chain Management, 18 (5) 523-538.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R. (2012) Supply chain risk management: Present and future scope, International Journal of Logistics Management, The, 23 (3) 313-339.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R (2011) Systems thinking for modeling risk propagation in supply networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, Singapore, 6-9 December 2011.
- Ghadge A, Dani S & Kalawsky R. (201) A framework for managing risks in the aerospace supply chain using systems thinking. In: 5th IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering, Loughborough, UK, 22-24 July 2010.