Green team in association with the Sustainability Network
Here at Cranfield University, we are committed to environmental sustainability and are very lucky to have many passionate and driven individuals within our staff and student body.
For Earth Day this year, on 22 April, we will be going live to share our stories and give you the chance to meet some of them. Hear from our student ‘green team’, our Energy and Environment Team and the innovative ‘sustainable’ research projects from our academics. We will be sharing details on our plans for the present and the future.
Join us to learn more about our Sustainable Development Goal’s and how they link with our teaching, research and operations and why sustainability is so important to us at Cranfield.
- Introductions - what is Earth Day and the purpose of this session?
- Gareth Ellis - environmental Sustainability and operations at Cranfield University, including current and future projects
- Dr Rosina Watson - talk on links between teaching, sustainability and United Nation Sustainable Development Goals
- Professor Jim Harris - talk on links between research, sustainability and United Nation Sustainable Development Goals
- Student panel with short interview of student Green Team members on sustainability
- Q&A to academic panel
- Student panel interview
- Sparsh Saxena (SoM)
- Ajinkya Adekar (SoM Deputy Green Officer)
- Gilbert Soyus Kakkarayil (SATM, Green Officer)
- Mosope Kesha (SWEE)