Northwest Data Solutions is pleased to announce the Aviation Safety Management Scholarship from SMS-Pro in order to help young leaders drive the future of aviation safety.
While the scholarship writing topics focus on aviation safety, applicants can be enrolled in any branch of an aviation denomination, such as:
- Aviation maintenance,
- Air traffic control,
- Safety management.
At a glance
- Funding value$US1,000
- Suitable for Applicants fromEU, Rest of World, UK
- DeadlineOn going
- Funding provider(s)SMS-Pro / Northwest Data Solutions
What it covers
$US1,000 toward the cost of study.
Who can apply
Students of any nationality and applying to commence study in an aviation programme related to safety management.
Please visit the SMS-Pro website for further information.
This is a semi-annual scholarship, with one summer and one winter deadline. One scholarship winner will be chosen per each deadline period. Late applications will not be considered.
Winners will be announced within three weeks of each deadline period, and will be chosen based on the quality, depth and thoughtfulness of their essays.
How to apply
- Applicants must fill out the application form.
- Applicants must choose 3 of the 8 topics from below, write a 500-word (or more) essay for each of their chosen topics, and attach their essays to the scholarship form in one Microsoft Word document. Each essay you write should choose a subject that incorporates the topic, and NOT directly 'answer' the topic as a subject.
These essays are personal essays, meaning that the content should incorporate your personal experience, education and research about aviation safety and/or SMS.
For example, if you are writing an essay in response to the question 'What are reactive and proactive safety cultures?', a good topic would be something like one of the following:
- 'How to go from a reactive to proactive safety culture',
- 'Ways to tell if your safety culture is reactive or proactive'.
Both examples would incorporate the question naturally into the essay.