For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
This course looks at Systems Modelling, completing a syllabus considering Software Engineering from various perspectives in the System Architectures and the Methods and Tools for Information Systems Development courses.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
- Cost£1,490 Concessions available
Software engineering foundations
- Introducing the problem,
- Introduction to software engineering; software product life cycles and software engineering, processes,
- Requirements analysis,
- Software design, implementation, reuse and maintenance,
- Selecting a programming language.
Software modelling techniques
- Justification and benefits,
- Case study: unified modelling language,
Building confidence (verification, validation, testing, analysis, QA, reviews)
- Reviews and inspections,
- Software testing.
Human computer interaction
- Foundations and justifications for good human computer interface (HCI) design,
- Modelling and design tools for HCI.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards either the Defence and Security (Technology) MSc or Information Capability Management MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Information Systems in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit. Attendance on both Systems Architecture and Methods and Tools for Information Systems is desirable.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.