For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
This course looks at Systems Modelling, completing a syllabus considering Software Engineering from various perspectives in the System Architectures and the Methods and Tools for Information Systems Development courses.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit feeConcessions available
Software engineering foundations
- Introducing the problem,
- Introduction to software engineering; software product life cycles and software engineering, processes,
- Requirements analysis,
- Software design, implementation, reuse and maintenance,
- Selecting a programming language.
Software modelling techniques
- Justification and benefits,
- Case study: unified modelling language,
Building confidence (verification, validation, testing, analysis, QA, reviews)
- Reviews and inspections,
- Software testing.
Human computer interaction
- Foundations and justifications for good human computer interface (HCI) design,
- Modelling and design tools for HCI.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Information Systems in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit. Attendance on both Systems Architecture and Methods and Tools for Information Systems is desirable.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.