For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
As dependence on information systems grows, the ability to identify and implement change is becoming increasingly important to organisations. This course addresses the need for increasing capability in project management, in order to implement the required system changes.
At a glance
- 27 Sep - 01 Oct 2021
- Duration5 days face to face learning (with additional distance learning to be completed during 7 weeks)
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit feeConcessions available
Course structureThis five-day course is taught by a mixture of lectures and practical exercises. There are also lectures by practitioners in the field.
What you will learnThe course examines major information systems programme and project management issues from an academic perspective to maximise their successful delivery. It does not teach the mechanics of managing IS projects by any particular methodology.
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- critically appraise the management of programmes and projects involving the development and implementation of information systems in order to co-ordinate a portfolio of projects that achieve benefits of strategic importance,
- critically analyse information systems (IS) portfolio, programme and project management roles and responsibilities from a team leadership perspective in order to be able to identify success factors.
- evaluate approaches to IS portfolio, programme and project management to determine sound practice,
- critique real life experience of IS portfolio, programme and project management in order to determine the factors that generate success.
- portfolio management,
- programme management,
- project management,
- project teams, leadership and management.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
This course is relevant to any manager in the public or large scale private sector who are involved in the development or implementation of a new or changed information system. This module is offered as a MSc level credit-rated short course to suitably qualified applicants.
Students must have completed Foundations of Information Systems in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
- Simon Renfry
ConcessionsA limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
Location and travel
Cranfield Defence and Security (CDS) is a Cranfield School based at the Ministry of Defence establishment on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire borders.
Shrivenham itself lies in the picturesque Vale of the White Horse, close to the M4 motorway which links London and South Wales. It is 7 miles from Swindon, the nearest town, which lies off the M4 at the hub of Britain’s motorway network.
Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
All visitors must be pre-booked in at reception by the person they are visiting on the campus.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.