Please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section for more information.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module, security clearance may be required.
Cyber Attack: Threats and Opportunities aims to develop an understanding of the wider context of cyber within an organisation. It will provide a contextual link between the management and governance of an organisation and the organisation’s cyber requirements. It will examine the operational aspects of cyber, information assurance and security.
At a glance
- Please enquire for course dates
- Duration5 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
- Cost£1,490 Concessions available
What you will learn
- Assess cyber operations from a variety of threat actors,
- Evaluate the different cyber vulnerabilities and how they might impact an organization,
- Appraise the strengths and weaknesses of various security technologies and their suitability for protecting an organization.
- Develop a security strategy using appropriate technologies and techniques,
- Prioritise cyber threats and vulnerabilities based on their potential business impact.
Introduction to Cyber
- Understanding cyber crime, cyber attack and cyber war,
- The different categories of threat actors and their motivations,
- How cyber fits within an organization.
Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- An overview of common cyber attacks, for example, SQL injection, XSS, and enumeration,
- Explanation of how these attacks can be mitigated, including the use of penetration testing,
- Understanding the human aspects of vulnerabilities, for example, insider threat and social engineering.
Tools and Defence
- Understanding the different tools available, and their application. For example, IDS systems, authentication methods, and encryption.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.
How to apply
To apply for this course please use the online application form.
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.