This nine day course taught at Cranfield University at Shrivenham takes students though all aspects of ballistics for weapon design of all calibres. Read more Read less
At a glance
- 08 - 19 May 2023
- Duration10 days
- LocationCranfield University at Shrivenham
What you will learn
The aim of the course is to give you an introductory level working knowledge of the fundamental principles and techniques involved in gun and rocket ballistics.
Core contentThe teaching includes the following topics:
- Internal, Intermediate, External and Terminal Ballistics
- Propellants and Rocket Propulsion
- Armour Materials and Attack of Armour
- Dispersion of Fire
- Gun Barrel Wear and Erosion
- Light Weapons
- Direct and Indirect Fire Systems
- Wound Ballistics
- Gun Design
- Fragmentation and explosives.
Who should attendThe course is primarily intended for scientists and engineers involved in the broad-based subject of ballistics.
There are no rigid requirements but a knowledge of mathematics to nominally A-level is assumed.
- Dr Derek Bray
- Mr Stephen Champion
- Dr John Economou
- Dr Hugh Goyder
- Dr Aimee Helliker
- Dr Clare Knock
- Mr Jeremy Smith
Read our Professional development (CPD) booking conditions.