Contact Jeremy Smith
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 785479
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
- Operational Analysis and Simulation
Qualifications: MA in Physics, Oxford University.
Current Positions - Head of Centre for Simulation and Analytics, Department of Informatics and Systems Engineering, Cranfield University at the UK Defence Academy, Shrivenham.
- Rapid Campaign Analysis Wargame – development of wargame system for Dstl Mar-Aug 2013
- Methods for Analysis of Stabilisation Operations Analysis, Dstl, 2012-13
- Reducing the burden on the Dismounted Soldier Task 2 Weapons. Dec 2009 – 2011. Leadership and technical management of contract team in identifying most promising technology options to reduce weight in dismounted solder weapon systems and developing and trialling demonstrator concepts.
- Future Dismounted Close Combat Research, Lethality Domain, Subcontract from MoD through SEA from 2007-2011. Leadership of contract team including technical and project management. Weapon system lethality research and analysis.
- Architecture Assessment Consultancy for Team Harmony on ALEXIN CIED Architectures 2009-2010
- Soft Factors in Vehicle Survivability Analysis for Dstl Oct 2008- Mar 2009. Investigation of potential for incorporating soft factors into vehicle survivability evaluation tool (ISAAC).
- Training Needs Analysis for Mission Training through Distributed Simulation for UK MoD in 2003/2004,
- Technologies for Future Weapon Systems for MBDA in 2005
- Technology Investment Analysis for BAESYSTEMS in 2002/3
- Medium Weight Capability Analysis for UK MoD in 2005
- FRES TDP support (vehicle systems engineering and trials support) 2005/6
- FRES Rainbow Team Support 2006
- InterModal Transport System for PA Consulting, 2007
Responsible for developing and delivering lectures to a broad range of courses from full time MSc to short courses on and off site. Research and consultancy in systems engineering, weapon system and vehicle assessment, training needs analysis, human factors and operational analysis. Consultancy experience across the complete project lifecycle from analysis and evaluation, planning and implementation and delivery.
- Lockheed Martin
- SEA Ltd
- Roke Manor Research Ltd
- SCS Ltd
- Analysis Essentials
- Smith JD & Salt J (2018) Chapter 14: Decision support in defence logistics. In: Defence Logistics: Enabling and Sustaining Successful Military Operations, Lundon, UK: Kogan Paul Ltd, p. 286-323.