Contact Dr Clare Knock
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 785335
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Explosives and Munitions
- Weapons Engineering
Dr Knock has a BSc in Theoretical Physics, MSc in Oceanography, PhD in Applied Mathematics, a PgCert in Higher Education and an MBA.
She began her career in oceanography, writing computer models to predict the movement of organic and inorganic chemicals in estuarine and coastal systems including the Severn Estuary, Canadian fjords (working at the University of British Columbia, Canada) and Australian coastal waters (working at the University of Western Australia).
Dr Knock's research interests include:
- explosive blast
- TNT equivalency
- blood stain analysis
- ammunition safety
- risks from civilian explosions
- fragment flight
- bounce and roll of fragments.
- internal and intermediate ballistics
- explosive blast
- computer modelling
- blood stain analysis
- risk analysis
- introductory mathematics and statistics.
- Wallop Defence System Ltd
- Defence Ordnance Safety Group
- National Grid
- Defence Intelligence
Articles In Journals
- Dicken L, Knock C, Carr DJ & Beckett S (2022) The effect of the digital printing of fabric on the morphology of passive bloodstains, Forensic Science International, 341 (December) Article No. 111515.
- Malbon C, Knock C, Critchley R & Carr DJ (2022) The effect of underwired and sports bras on breast shape, key anthropometric dimensions, and body armour comfort, The Police Journal: Theory, Practice and Principles, 95 (3) 436-458.
- Dicken L, Knock C, Carr D & Beckett S (2022) The effect of reactive dyeing of fabric on the morphology of passive bloodstains, Forensic Science International, 336 (July) Article No. 111317.
- Malbon C, Knock C, Critchley R & Carr DJ (2020) The effect of breast size and bra type on comfort for UK female police officers wearing body armour, Applied Ergonomics, 84 (April) Article No. 103012. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.10059434.
- Knock C & George A (2019) Post-mortem dismemberment using chainsaws, Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences, 53 (1) 50-61.
- Dicken L, Knock C, Beckett S & Carr DJ (2019) The effect of fabric mass per unit area and blood impact velocity on bloodstain morphology, Forensic Science International, 301 (August) 12-27.
- Dicken L, Knock C, Carr DJ & Beckett S (2019) Investigating bloodstain dynamics at impact on the technical rear of fabric, Forensic Science International, 301 (August) 142-148.
- Anastacio A & Knock C (2016) Radial blast prediction for high explosive cylinders initiated at both ends, Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 41 (4) 682-687.
- Knock C, Davies N & Reeves R (2015) Predicting blast waves from the axial direction of a cylindrical charge, Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 40 (2) 169-179.
- Dicken L, Knock C, Beckett S, de Castro TC, Nickson T & Carr DJ (2015) The use of micro computed tomography to ascertain the morphology of bloodstains on fabric, Forensic Science International, 257 (December) 369-375.
- Knock C, Horsfall I, Champion S & Horsfall I (2013) Development of a computer model to predict risks from an electrical bushing failure, Electric Power Systems Research, 103 86-91.
- Knock C & Davies N (2013) Blast waves from cylindrical charges, Shock Waves, 23 (4) 337-343.
- De Castro TC, Nickson T, Carr DJ & Knock C (2013) Interpreting the formation of bloodstains on selected apparel fabrics, International Journal of Legal Medicine, 127 (1) 251-258.
- Knock C, Horsfall I, Champion S & Horsfall I (2013) Effect of core size and ground surface on debris fields of failed electric bushings, Electric Power Systems Research, 104 104-109.
- Knock C & Davies N (2011) Predicting the Impulse from the Curved Surface of Detonating Cylindrical Charges, Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 36 (2) 105-109.
- Knock C & Davies N (2011)
Predicting the peak pressure from the curved surfaces of detonating cylindrical charges, Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 36 (3) 203-209.
- Knock C & Davison M (2007) Predicting the position of the source of blood stains for angled impacts, Journal of Forensic Sciences, 52 (5) 1044-1049.
- Knock C, Horsfall I, Champion SM & Harrod IC (2004) The Bounce and Roll of Masonry Debris, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 30 (1) 1-16.