This unique programme will show you how to adopt a practical approach to planning, analysing and implementing a closer relationship with your strategic accounts. Read more Read less
At the end of the programme, you will have a strategic key account plan for a specific customer using the unique best practice Cranfield Value Planning template. At Cranfield, we have taken the lead in Europe for key account management research.
The benefits of Cranfield’s Key Account Management Programme
The programme benefits from getting the latest in Key Account Management (KAM) thinking due to Cranfield’s ongoing research in this area, and all tutors have a PhD in KAM. Delegates have access to a wide expertise in KAM and can also, post the programme, attend Cranfield’s Key Account Management Best Practice Club as a guest. During the programme there are also great opportunities for networking and exchanging best practice.
At a glance
- 18 - 20 Oct 2017
- 07 - 09 Mar 2018
- 20 - 22 Jun 2018
- 10 - 12 Oct 2018
- Duration3 days, residential
- LocationCranfield Campus
- Cost£3,990 + VAT Concessions available
What you will learn
- Increase your ability and confidence in managing strategic accounts
- Enhance your skills in interfacing more effectively with key customers
- Have a deeper understanding of your customer and better long-term relationships
- Apply our best practice Value Planning template during the course to a key account of your choice
- Gain a deep understanding of the total process of key account management
- Learn to focus your time and attention appropriately in the development of key accounts.
Your organisation will gain:
- A best practice planning template to use on all their key accounts
- More effective key account managers
- An improved understanding of customers and better long-term relationships.
This programme involves developing a strategic key account plan for a specific customer using the best practice Cranfield template. Practical activities include carrying out a rigorous analysis of the customer:
- Identify and prioritise key accounts and measure their profitability
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer
- Developing customer-focused strategies
- Developing powerful value propositions
- Contact management and communication
- Commercial strategies for key accounts
- Conflict management
- How to manage the internal interfaces and KAM team
- The strategic role of the key account manager.
Who should attend
Practising key account managers seeking to ensure they manage key relationships appropriately and profitably.
Senior sales people and major account managers aiming to develop their planning and customer management skills.
Procurement managers who would like a different perspective on supplier relationship management and collaborative business-to-business relationships.
Dr Sue Holt
Dr Ian Speakman
Concessions25% discount for Cranfield School of Management Alumni.
Accommodation options and prices
Tuition, course materials, full board accommodation and lifelong access to Alumni Membership benefits are included in the price of this course.
Location and travel
Cranfield School of Management is situated in Bedfordshire close to the border with Buckinghamshire.
The School is located almost midway between the towns of Bedford and Milton Keynes and is conveniently situated between junctions 13 and 14 of the M1.
London Luton, Stansted and Heathrow airports are 30, 90 and 90 minutes respectively by car, offering superb connections to and from just about anywhere in the world.
Cranfield Management Development Centre
This course is provided by Cranfield Management Development Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of Cranfield University